What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Cloud: Greed, Betrayal And Success - Melbourne Storm's Demise And Resurrection

thorson1987

Coach
Anybody else read this book.

51GXKGOhsPL.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Reading it now...it is actually a good read but only 50 pages in.

I read Bellamy's book as well...good read but it focuses a lot on the big three IMO.

thorson1987

Coach
Feel really bad for Gregory, Hanson and Vale after reading it.

Inherited the shit and treated like shit by News Ltd.

Cranky

Juniors
Chapter 14 The Orford Deal was interesting...as were the claims made against Newcastle.

Fantastic read from cover to cover.

Evenflow

Bench
Read and really enjoyed it. While there wasn't anything massively groundbreaking it was good to get a bit of an insight what happened behind the scenes in regards to emails/conversations/how certain deals worked and just hearing quotes from people in the know whether it be about the cap scandal or our formative years as a club. News did their utmost to distance the blame from themselves but that's hardly a surprise....

thorson1987

Coach
Glad to hear this is getting positive reviews here. Might grab it.

Mate the majority of us know the club f**ked up massively.

It give you an insight into how Waldron did business.

Also shows a bit how incompetent News Ltd are.

It really is a fantastic read

LESStar58

Referee
Chapter 14 The Orford Deal was interesting...as were the claims made against Newcastle.

Fantastic read from cover to cover.

What claims against Newcastle?

Apparently the deal offered to Orford was the largest in Storm history...how much of it was dodgy I wonder?

Patorick

Staff member
Thought you were being a smartarse at first.

Then remembered Bellamy does have a book out.

home-truths.jpg
Only to some extent.

:sarcasm:

Want to read both.

Eventually.

Maybe the christmas holidays.

Should be nice and cheap on ebay by then.

Cranky

Juniors
What claims against Newcastle?

Apparently the deal offered to Orford was the largest in Storm history...how much of it was dodgy I wonder?
Melbourne offered Orford $540k a year compared to Manly's 450k apparently. It raised eyebrows because Orford was a notorious tight arse and couldn't take a 360k haircut to go north.
Also rumours about a unit bought for him and a businessman tipping in 100k top up.
I'd have to find the Newcastle stuff, but a would-be whistle blower from the club was chased out of Newy back when they were a force.

Latest posts