What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

All i know about Flanno is I went to the members night and heard him talk and he definitely has our best interest at heart and is committed to success at the Dragons. He's moved some training back to Kogarah, and is aiming to get more things back at Kogarah. How about we get behind him and just aim for the best for our club instead of all the whingeing i see on here. He’s our coach and from what i can see he’s moving us forward after years of lousy results. Its not quick and recently its been a bit ugly, but to me im still happier under Flanno than anyone else.
We need to be positive or else theres no point being here

I'm Hornby

Juniors
All i know about Flanno is I went to the members night and heard him talk and he definitely has our best interest at heart and is committed to success at the Dragons. He's moved some training back to Kogarah, and is aiming to get more things back at Kogarah. How about we get behind him and just aim for the best for our club instead of all the whingeing i see on here. He’s our coach and from what i can see he’s moving us forward after years of lousy results. Its not quick and recently its been a bit ugly, but to me im still happier under Flanno than anyone else.
We need to be positive or else theres no point being here
This is very flawed logic on your part, mate.

What other reasons have you given to support Flanagan other than he has moved training and some other things to Kogarah? I couldn't give a rat's where they train personally, clearly they're not learning much at training when we are conceding 60 points in a game. So what else has he done that has made you see that he's moving us forward? I'm really interested to hear.

Your logic is flawed because you've offered up little to no legitimate reasons to support Flanagan other than he is our coach. Should we apply the same blind loyalty to Doust? Or how about Craig Young or Ben Haran? I'm sure they all have the best interests of the club at heart so should we just get behind them and hope for the best?

At the end of the day, all these incompetent imbeciles with your man the drug cheat included in that, need to be held to account when they've done a shit job and that is what supporters of the club are entitled to do and will continue to do.

denis preston

First Grade

What other reasons have you given to support Flanagan other than he has moved training and some other things to Kogarah? I couldn't give a rat's where they train personally, clearly they're not learning much at training when we are conceding 60 points in a game. So what else has he done that has made you see that he's moving us forward? I'm really interested to hear.

Your logic is flawed because you've offered up little to no legitimate reasons to support Flanagan other than he is our coach. Should we apply the same blind loyalty to Doust? Or how about Craig Young or Ben Haran? I'm sure they all have the best interests of the club at heart so should we just get behind them and hope for the best?

At the end of the day, all these incompetent imbeciles with your man the drug cheat included in that, need to be held to account when they've done a shit job and that is what supporters of the club are entitled to do and will continue to do.
Mate, AUOK ?

Well i couldnt let this pass without a comment. I didnt want to name you,but youre the source of all the whingeing i see on here.Really if you dislike it that much, then dont come here and make comments. If all you can do is whinge,you'd be better off finding a new sport.
Firstly i DO care where they train, because were St George Illawarra, not Illawarra, so training at Kogarah matters since we play half our games here. Were at least winning some games and winning them well-something i havent seen for a few years. How about we give Flanno a season first before we start whingeing-youve been at it before he even started. Give the bloke a chance and at least see what he can do for us. I'm just sick of all the negativity on here-were a proud club and should always be seen that way.
However be a club SUPPORTER not a negative whinger

justadragon

Bench

I agree with you supporters should hold people and organisations to account, but we should absolutely also allow a fair go first, i really dont know what you are expecting the rest of us to do here, You have had it in for Flanno even before he started, your right to do so but you cant keep attacking everyone for having a different view. I know you want all of us to jump on the we hate Flanno bandwagon, but where will that get us and as always he will be judged in due course. I dont intend to hang the man for his past indiscretions, he has paid the penalty, I dont know what was said by him to get the coaching job and neither do you, he's the coach of the Dragons, whatever he does will impact the Dragons directly, whatever you say will just fuel your own hatred for the man and achieve nothing.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Well i couldnt let this pass without a comment. I didnt want to name you,but youre the source of all the whingeing i see on here.Really if you dislike it that much, then dont come here and make comments. If all you can do is whinge,you'd be better off finding a new sport.
Firstly i DO care where they train, because were St George Illawarra, not Illawarra, so training at Kogarah matters since we play half our games here. Were at least winning some games and winning them well-something i havent seen for a few years. How about we give Flanno a season first before we start whingeing-youve been at it before he even started. Give the bloke a chance and at least see what he can do for us. I'm just sick of all the negativity on here-were a proud club and should always be seen that way.
However be a club SUPPORTER not a negative whinger
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So just as I suspected, you offer up no other reasons to offer blind support to this incompetent new coach other than 1) he's moved some training to a new location. 2) We're at least winning some games.

From what I've seen since Flanagan got here, not much has changed or will change in the future.

I understand some members taking a more cautious approach towards fraud Flanno at this stage, however to call for blind and misplaced loyalty to the coach based on bugger all actual logic, is just ill founded and dumb.

You will look even more foolish in 12-18 month's time when you're posting saying to get rid of Flanno.

maestro1

Bench
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So just as I suspected, you offer up no other reasons to offer blind support to this incompetent new coach other than 1) he's moved some training to a new location. 2) We're at least winning some games.

From what I've seen since Flanagan got here, not much has changed or will change in the future.

I understand some members taking a more cautious approach towards fraud Flanno at this stage, however to call for blind and misplaced loyalty to the coach based on bugger all actual logic, is just ill founded and dumb.

You will look even more foolish in 12-18 month's time when you're posting saying to get rid of Flanno.
If you can't see an improvement in season 2024 from season 2023, then you a blind. I'd suggest blinded by hatred. Not being privy to your dealings with SFlann and why there is so much hatred.

The difference I see from last season is in 2023 we sucked for 80% of our games with no feel of improvement. This season we suck about 50% of our games and it feels like we will improve further.
That is why your stamping of our coach after 8 rounds seems very illogical. It is like you cannot give him time to improve us and wait until seasons end to be able to give a more accurate analysis of whether Flanno was a good or bad appointment. No one knows this after 8 rounds. It does however suit you to hang him after 8 rounds because it might be the only chance you get. Are you afraid that you have seen enough to suggest he just might succeed and then you will have to come on here and put your hand on your heart and say you were wroooooooong (Fonzie style). Just do yourself a favour and everyone else and wait until seasons end to declare a failure. Be patient. You can tell us I told you so when our team "wins" the wooden spoon. However, just remember, if we win today (highly improbable) we will be on 5 wins. Same as the whole of 2023. Even you will have to admit the improvement WHEN we get our 5th win. It might not be today, but it will happen. If our 5th win doesn't make you admit it, our 6th win must surely.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
If you can't see an improvement in season 2024 from season 2023, then you a blind. I'd suggest blinded by hatred. Not being privy to your dealings with SFlann and why there is so much hatred.

The difference I see from last season is in 2023 we sucked for 80% of our games with no feel of improvement. This season we suck about 50% of our games and it feels like we will improve further.
That is why your stamping of our coach after 8 rounds seems very illogical. It is like you cannot give him time to improve us and wait until seasons end to be able to give a more accurate analysis of whether Flanno was a good or bad appointment. No one knows this after 8 rounds. It does however suit you to hang him after 8 rounds because it might be the only chance you get. Are you afraid that you have seen enough to suggest he just might succeed and then you will have to come on here and put your hand on your heart and say you were wroooooooong (Fonzie style). Just do yourself a favour and everyone else and wait until seasons end to declare a failure. Be patient. You can tell us I told you so when our team "wins" the wooden spoon. However, just remember, if we win today (highly improbable) we will be on 5 wins. Same as the whole of 2023. Even you will have to admit the improvement WHEN we get our 5th win. It might not be today, but it will happen. If our 5th win doesn't make you admit it, our 6th win must surely.
Incorrect.

If you see my analysis on our coach's in their 1st season in charge, it shows there is no improvement and in fact we've gone backwards.
Comparing this season with last season where we were under a care taker coach for the majority of the season is not an accurate comparison.

I'll continue to hold Flanagan to account for any underwhelming performances during his tenure and that is my right as a supporter.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Incorrect.

If you see my analysis on our coach's in their 1st season in charge, it shows there is no improvement and in fact we've gone backwards.
Comparing this season with last season where we were under a care taker coach for the majority of the season is not an accurate comparison.

I'll continue to hold Flanagan to account for any underwhelming performances during his tenure and that is my right as a supporter.
Go away, we are all sick of your crap.

Crush

Coach
I really dont get being overly negative from the start. Sure, have reservations about how things will work out for Flanno but what’s the point of writing him off from day 1?
It’s just trying to win the internet with some gotcha moment.
“You will look foolish in 12-18 months when he’s fired”
Um no we won’t. If results are poor in 12-18 months we will be calling for Flanno to be accountable. It won’t be a gotcha moment.
It’s just fans calling it as it is.
We are 4-4. I’m hopeful.

maestro1

Bench
Incorrect.

Are you serious???? Ryan Carr took over for the last 9 games or so. I question your understanding of the word "majority".

By all means hold Flanno to account for underwhelming performances, but the aim is to improve on Season 2023 and the whole season should be the measure not an underwhelming performance here and there.

So let me ask you a question..... We finished 2nd last in 2023. If Flanno improves on that, will you consider Flanno has been successful with a shyte squad put together by a shyte coach before him?

RedVee

First Grade
Weidler today.

THE SON SHINES
Dragons players have been
questioning how Kyle Flanagan won the club's best player award
against the Roosters on Anzac Day
in an embarrassing 60-18 loss.
The fact that this column is
hearing about disgruntled players
when it comes to the coach's son is
a concern for the Dragons.
It is not Flanagan's fault he won
the award, which was voted on by
his dad, Shane, and assistants
Dean Young and Ryan Carr.
In a team that was soundly
thrashed, Flanagan missed the
equal most tackles - seven - the
same as Jacob Liddle.
Given the magnitude of the
defeat, it may have been a better
move not to award anyone with the
player-of-the-match honour. In
fairness to Kyle, he didn't ask for
the award, but some of his
teammates are clearly of the view
he didn't deserve it either.

RedVee

First Grade
THE SON SHINES
same as Jacob Liddle.

St Tangles

Bench
THE SON SHINES
same as Jacob Liddle.
First thing Saints need to do is weed out players who speak to Weilder and co.
I feel that has started with Lonmax.
I wonder who is next.