What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strongest 17 .....Guessing

MSIH

Bench
Guys, guys. It's a Robertson/Robinson joke.

Everyone knows Robbo is the best winger at the club, and won't miss a single minute of footy (again) this year.

Good mock Styles, he'll probably break a leg 5 rounds in.

Farrar at 7, I'll pretend I didn't read that.

Truthy746

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Matai
4. Farrar
5. Williams
6. Lyon
7. Foran
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Stewart
13. Rodney

14. Rose
15. Perry
16. Galuvao
17. Williams

Hodkinson can come into the side when there's an injury in the backline to try and cement a spot, much akin to Foran last year. Kite to start due to him hopefully picking up his form once again, while no Seu Seu due Ballin being an 80min hooker and the spot being better used with Williams as a utility.

SRB_SEA_EAGLE

Juniors
Berkeley....id be getting nervous as a manly supporter if we have to down the tony williams at centre scenario , similar to last years start......with farrer out and manly looking to give hodkinson a run , i think lyon or foran to partner matai initially. I dont think Tony will see much of first grade this year , when everyone is fit.

t-ba

Post Whore
Hopefully Foran/Hodgo gets a run at some stage. It's a strong enough side with guys like Lyon, Ballin and G. Stewart to do some playmaking work while those two are finding their feet.

Plus, I found a pub in Deepest Darkest China that'll be playing NRL! Run by a Drongos fan unfortunately, but still...

Cletus

First Grade
1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Matai
4. Farrar
5. D. Williams
6. Lyon
7. Foran
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. Stewart

14. Rose
15. Kite
16. T Williams
17. Seu Seu

Not sure whether we'll have a hooker on the bench or have Ballin play 80 minutes. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hodkinson there and have Lyon swap to centre during the game which we seemed to do a bit with Foran last year. I've ignored Farrar being injured since it's the strongest 17 and I think he definately deserves a starting spot. Even though Williams would be better at centre than wing I, he's still a risk defensively and Wolfman doesn't need his confidence battered at the start of the year by leaking tries down that side.

parra_jesus

Juniors
the side could benefit with t.williams on the bench as a utility that can play in the backs or the forward but and the big but is that if you think he was lazy last year on the wing he will be even worse coming off the bench. that and the fact he needs a major kick up the ass if he is going to play in the forwards(where he should be)

Latest posts