What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suli

Vozzy

Juniors
They also don't use him properly if Brooks was in better form he could put Suli over on that side of the feild usually anyone on the left is receiving hospital passes at the moment.

But I reckon he is good at bringing the ball out of our own end.

He is only 18 playing in the worst team in his first year. There is more upside then down.

macnaz

Staff member
They also don't use him properly if Brooks was in better form he could put Suli over on that side of the feild usually anyone on the left is receiving hospital passes at the moment.

But I reckon he is good at bringing the ball out of our own end.

He is only 18 playing in the worst team in his first year. There is more upside then down.
Is it Brooks or the coach using ball runners like Lawrence and Loves it instead of Suli and Marsters?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawrence is playing the way a geuinely good edge player does, brilliant lines, runs strong committed decoy lines and isn't looking to twist and turn at contact.

Suli, Marsters, Chee Kam would learn a lot watching his positioning, running lines etc. Its no wonder Brooks uses him a lot, he's usually the only runner

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd like to see him at right centre to see if he goes well there. He is doing fine though on the left. I just figure play the guy in his best position.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Have we seriously dumbed down league that a 18 year old can not play as well on the other side of the field?

Don't answer that, as I know the answer.

Tiger05

First Grade
How good did he look in the first half today. He is a big centre who has a lot of skill and can set up his outside man.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Quality, early ball.

Key

In the past few weeks he's been getting the ball it looks like he's had no room to move as he recives it flat footed and has to build up speed.

Give him the ball while he's on the run and let him do his magic

Exactly

I also think it helped not having Lovett there who seems to get in the way a lot

Suli was destroying them today, Marsters was fantastic too. Guy has some serious skill, the grubber and pick up early was great, Nofa didn't position himself well to get the pass back as I don't think he could believe what had happened hahaa

BrotherJim05

Bench
Newcastle are pretty much a reserve grade team but watching what Suli can do with some decent ball was awesome.

I'd love to see him play right side with Reynolds next year