What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Grand Final - Castleford Tigers vs Leeds Rhinos

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
2hpk22h.jpg

Castleford have won the last 8 meetings H2H

Leeds haven't beat them since April 2015 but hopefully they'll tighten up on the big stage, i can't think of a better time for the Rhinos to end the streak!

Cmon Leeds!

deluded pom?

Coach
Form says Cas' all day and twice on Sunday but Leeds have been there enough times to know what they have to do but for Cas' it's all new. Will experience win the day or will the new boys get the job done the first time of asking?

Stallion

First Grade
Form says Cas' all day and twice on Sunday but Leeds have been there enough times to know what they have to do but for Cas' it's all new. Will experience win the day or will the new boys get the job done the first time of asking?
What was the score? I watched it till 30 minute mark and then went to sleep.

StadiumXIII

Juniors
Lol. It was 6.-0 Leeds way when I gave up.
Ended up 24-6 at full time to Leeds. Danny McGuire the Billy Slater of the SLGF. I don't know if this has been suggested but I'd like to see the League 1 and Championship GF played as lead up unless that isn't part of the deal with Old Trafford. That Razorlight band was head and shoulders above Macklemore.

Stallion

First Grade
Ended up 24-6 at full time to Leeds. Danny McGuire the Billy Slater of the SLGF. I don't know if this has been suggested but I'd like to see the League 1 and Championship GF played as lead up unless that isn't part of the deal with Old Trafford. That Razorlight band was head and shoulders above Macklemore.

Thanks. I hope the Toronto wolfpack are well received in future years. I would suggest the powers that be accommodate this pioneering club and when the time is right allow the Wolfpack to further their own destiny in a North American league into the future. Hope it works out. Rugby league is overdue for a much greater presence in the world scheme of things.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach

I don't think Man United would be thrilled with having more minutes put on the pitch.

DlEHARD

Juniors
I was really looking forward to this game, but the standard was low with so many errors. Sad to see Castleford finish such a season like that.

McGuire, my fav player in Super League over the years, was amazing and Leeds in the end deserved it.

Just wish the Tigers fans had more to cheer about.

Inkers75

Juniors
It certainly wasn’t a classic but Leeds were the better team on the night.

The record of just four teams to win the GF since it began carries on…

axl rose

Bench
Ugh so poor from Cas. Would love to have seen them on a dry track /day GF with the style they play (when they don't drop it 25 times). I guess Wigan and co won't be down for long either so probably back to status quo next year.

adamkungl

Immortal
4am for that! The semi finals proved to be far better games.
Cas choked as hard as anyone i've ever seen, absolutely couldn't land a blow. Hope dickhead Hardaker is happy with himself.
Congrats to Leeds, perfect performance. I bagged them early in the season after they got a thrashing from Cas (and the previous years drop into the Middle 8s) but they responded to some tough times better than anyone could have predicted.

Golden point

Juniors
4am for that! The semi finals proved to be far better games.
Cas choked as hard as anyone i've ever seen, absolutely couldn't land a blow. Hope dickhead Hardaker is happy with himself.
Congrats to Leeds, perfect performance. I bagged them early in the season after they got a thrashing from Cas (and the previous years drop into the Middle 8s) but they responded to some tough times better than anyone could have predicted.
Leeds - 16 errors! Perfect? f**k me.
Worst game ever!
Leeds wouldn't beat any q cup side with that performance.
I love rugby league but I'm pretty sure that wasn't it.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Worst game ever!
You know sometimes water comes down from the sky, it's called 'rain', and when that happens it usually makes the ball harder to keep hold of and catch.

JasonE

Bench
The players I know say when the Rhino balls get wet they are like playing with a cake of soap

Golden point

Juniors
You know sometimes water comes down from the sky, it's called 'rain', and when that happens it usually makes the ball harder to keep hold of and catch.
I played in the pissing down rain when I was 12..... we didn't drop it 36 times.
These are the best 2 side in number 1 comp in europe.

adamkungl

Immortal
Worst game ever!

Perfect in that they did exactly what they needed to do to completely shut down Cas (despite a high error rate).
If you want to take it literally, I doubt anyone has made a perfect 0 errors in a Rugby League game before.

Latest posts