What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOTBEH

Juniors
Ok Hi all.

So my girl didn't want a ig wedding, big ring or expensive dress. But now she wants a nice engagement ring.

So my question is, what budget should I work with?

BunniesMan

Immortal
If my future wife doesn't want a big wedding I'll rob a jewellery store and give her every ring in the place.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Ok Hi all.

So my girl didn't want a ig wedding, big ring or expensive dress. But now she wants a nice engagement ring.

So my question is, what budget should I work with?

Isn't the rule of thumb it should be equivalent to 3 months salary? Honestly though, shop around look at reputable jewellers and look for something you find that is nice and is something she will enjoy. Just make sure you know her ring size.

BunniesMan

Immortal
About ring size, I heard one guy once wrapped a string around his womans finger while she was sleeping, got her measurement that way and took that to the jewellery store. The ring fit perfectly.

Garts

Bench
I have heard the rule of thumb is one months salary and then I heard 3 months salary. I think I went 2 months. Glad I got engaged when I was earning less.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I know when my dad re-married he spent 2 months salary on his, which adds up. You'd be surprised what you get these days for a decent price.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you can't afford an engagement ring, you can't afford the woman.

I know many tricks & tips about getting the perfect ring, but i'm not telling you them.

Garts

Bench
I went to a wholesaler in the city for all my rings. The guy I saw must have had 20 odd jewellers in the same building, have to be buzzed through the steel gates etc.

When we went to get our wedding bands the wife originally wanted a plain white gold band. Then saw one with diamonds all around it and changed her mind. Blew the wedding budget, not that I cared though. Went back last year for the eternity ring to match the wedding band. Next she wants a diamond tennis bracelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts