What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taumalolo Chooses NZ

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Ernest the Sheep has 125 posts and about 100 of them are bashing New Zealand in some way, its entertaining stuff.

Snappy

Coach
Kids like Hoffman and Beale come from Maori or Pacific island families...

they are brought up Kiwi...

:lol: Hoffman was born and raised in Mackay (QLD) his mum is indigenous and his dad is kiwi, but no way was he 'brought up kiwi'

Snappy

Coach
Couldnt be bothered going back through the thread to see if its been noted.

But Taumalolo earlier this week signed allegiance to NZ, so you lot can quit ya bitchin

Snappy

Coach
'

you have no f**king idea what your talking about... come back to me when you know what your talking about dickwad...

Yet you claim Hoffman was brought up kiwi in a maori or pacific island family. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you go mouthing off like that.
:lol:

read abit earlier you f**king genius... Kids like Hoffman and Beale come from Maori or Pacific island families...

What link does Taumalolo have to Queensland?? he was poached by a Queensland club first??

You’ve missed the point I’m afraid. It should have nothing to do with heritage, it should be about nationality. Hoffman & Beale’s nationality is Australian, they should only play for Australia. Just like Tamou & Kasiano’s nationality is Kiwi and they should only play for New Zealand.

I’m all for tightening up the eligibility rules but its hard not to laugh at the double standards from so many Kiwis regarding this issue. You have no problem poaching from others (Konrad Hurrell from Tonga) but yet whinge nonstop when it happens to you. It truly is pathetic.

Hutty1986

Immortal
It always gives me a good laugh when numpties from NZ/Pommyland, etc call Aussies 'convicts'.. reeks of desperation

Mr Fourex

Bench
It always gives me a good laugh when numpties from NZ/Pommyland, etc call Aussies 'convicts'.. reeks of desperation

Agreed.......it's a bit like NSWankers calling QLDr's inbreds and rednecks everytime they get there g-string caught in their flaps.

;-)

Iafeta

Referee
mate, you're already drawing the bow too long if you want to make the comparison with webb and fein. foran arrived as a primary school kid. the others in their early to mid-teens. They all received a good portion of their education in Aus. Your comparison is bullsh!t. For example sivivatu arrived in NZ as a 17 or 18 year old, but there was never any possibility that he would play for a side other then the ABs. At least kiwis in Aus have a choice. You have a cheek trying to dictate who is and isn't an Ozzie. Mate, it ain't any of your business. it's a personal choice for the players.

I must have missed the caps he got for the Kiwis?? I'm pretty sure we're discussing rugby league here, aren't we.

typicalfan

Coach
read abit earlier you f**king genius... Kids like Hoffman and Beale come from Maori or Pacific island families...

What link does Taumalolo have to Queensland?? he was poached by a Queensland club first??
It is his choice isn't it?

the kirwan kid

Juniors
Here's an idea - how about if you hold a NZ passport you play for the kiwis and if you hold an Aussie passport you play for Australia? And so forth ... If you hold dual citizenship (as I am guessing someone like jack reed does) then you get a choice? Pretty bloody simple ...

This was just posted on the stampede site

'
Jason just posted on facebook:

"The thought of putting on a green and gold or a maroon jersey is sickining. Black and white is my colour, and it'll stay that way!"

pfft. Yeah, sure he did. Or more likely some snivelling little semiliterate turd just made that up!

I must have missed the caps he got for the Kiwis?? I'm pretty sure we're discussing rugby league here, aren't we.

it's a rugby league related discussion, but it's a little bit more than that I believe. You appeared to be making a direct comparison between players who move to Oz while in their early to mid-teens, and the likes of webb or fien who played for the warriors and then the kiwis. That comparison is bullsh!t. My mention of sivivatu was in the context of the expectation on players. In NZ anyone who arrives in their early-mid-late teens would be expected to put their hands up for the ABs. Questions would be asked if they didn't. Indeed the rugby set up is such that players need to be eligible for the ABs to play for a super 15 franchise. It would be like having a cap on the number of non-Aus players an NRL team could field. Further, my point was that in Oz league players have a choice that union players who grow up in NZ do not. In the end it's up to the players concerned. That some kiwis seem so threatened by the prospect a player might decide to chose Aus over NZ says more about them than the issue.

shiznit

Coach
Yet you claim Hoffman was brought up kiwi in a maori or pacific island family. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you go mouthing off like that.
:lol:

Eat a dick motherf**ker...

from: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ay-for-the-kiwis/story-e6frg7mf-1226114827946
Hoffman is hoping he will get a chance in the Kiwis side for the October 16 Test in Newcastle. Due to his New Zealand-born father and grandfather, Hoffman has always wanted to play in the black-and-white. When the Broncos travelled to Auckland to play the Warriors last season, his father Shane took him to his ancestors' burial site on the North Island.

"It touched me. I wanted to learn more about the culture and to play for the Kiwis. Growing up I always watched the Kiwis play and I always looked up to my dad. There was never a pull to play for Queensland when I was young,"

from: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4898247/NZRL-trumps-Aussies-to-secure-future-Kiwis
"Josh came over at Christmas and was still contemplating who he would play for," Kemp told Sunday News.

"His father took him to the local marae where he was from and they told him a little bit about his history and he knew right then and there he wanted to play for New Zealand.

shiznit

Coach
You’ve missed the point I’m afraid. It should have nothing to do with heritage, it should be about nationality. Hoffman & Beale’s nationality is Australian, they should only play for Australia. Just like Tamou & Kasiano’s nationality is Kiwi and they should only play for New Zealand.

I’m all for tightening up the eligibility rules but its hard not to laugh at the double standards from so many Kiwis regarding this issue. You have no problem poaching from others (Konrad Hurrell from Tonga) but yet whinge nonstop when it happens to you. It truly is pathetic.

another idiot...

every sport's body has heritage rules... from FIFA to the IRB.

you either qualify for the nation by birth(being born in that country)... or by heritage(having a parent born in that country).

the bullshit rule here is the residency rule... i can understand it if they moved from an early age... but its bollocks having a teenager poached by a RL club and being picked by that nation's national squad.

Nathan Fien, Brent Webb, Rangi Chase, Fui etc... thats all bullshit...

and the same would happen if Konrad Hurrell or Ukuma Ta'ai was picked up by the kiwis... they are tongan... and should play for Tonga.

shiznit

Coach
here's another news flash for you. Tonga is a sovereign state. It does not belong to the Kingdom of New Zealand.
What the f**k are you on about dickhead?

He's born and bred in NZ... so is eligible for NZ.

He may qualify for Tonga via the heritage rule... if so he should be eligible for NZ and Tonga only.

What the f**k are you on about dickhead?

He's born and bred in NZ... so is eligible for NZ.

He may qualify for Tonga via the heritage rule... if so he should be eligible for NZ and Tonga only.

I was merely contemplating how someone from a PI family might qualify as having been "brought up Kiwi". Whatever that is supposed to mean. Perhaps you could enlighten us? You know, given that Tonga/Samoa are usually considered independent nations in their own right. Although I do see where you're coming from. Whenever kiwis see a promising player of polynesian extraction in the NRL the first question they ask themselves is "is he eligible for the kiwis?". While it is only fair to point out that whenever an ozzie sees a polynesian playing in the NRL they automatically think to themselves "he can't be an ozzie, must be a kiwi". In fact, it's an indictment on Aus that so many players who have grown up there from as early as primary school would so readily choose to play for another country. Certainly wouldn't happen in NZ. No, the kiwis have done well with their "roots" camps and kiwi ex-pat teams full of kiwi dudes who've never lived in NZ. Now having kiwi heritage and being brought up kiwi is all well and good. But don't you think there is a danger that we might end up vanishing up our own arse?

another idiot...

every sport's body has heritage rules... from FIFA to the IRB.

you either qualify for the nation by birth(being born in that country)... or by heritage(having a parent born in that country).

the bullshit rule here is the residency rule... i can understand it if they moved from an early age... but its bollocks having a teenager poached by a RL club and being picked by that nation's national squad.

Nathan Fien, Brent Webb, Rangi Chase, Fui etc... thats all bullshit...

and the same would happen if Konrad Hurrell or Ukuma Ta'ai was picked up by the kiwis... they are tongan... and should play for Tonga.

Well you’re a charmer aren’t you?

The heritage rule is also bullshit. Just because you can find it in every sport doesn’t make it right. The only thing it allows is joke governing bodies like the NZRL an opportunity to poach foreigners. Hoffman & Beale are born and bred Australians; they were developed by the Australian system. Why should the NZRL now be allowed to benefit from these players?

As I’ve already mentioned, I’m against poaching Kiwis for State of Origin, but at the same time I have zero sympathy for the NZRL. What goes around comes around.

Latest posts