What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team name and stadium

Sydney Carton

Juniors
wogdog said:
gold coast marlins will be best suited i think

blue%20marlin.jpg

You people didn't learn much from the fight with Redcliffe did you?

Stealing the name of a famous Queensland Rugby League club or rep side will not win you any support. Why do you think the Broncos and Cowboys went with original (in the context of Qld Rugby League anyway) names?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yea not too sure the Raiders would be happy with the Vikings
plus i dont think GC would be keen for something so similar to another team

IMO the Pirates are by far the best option, the oppertunities are endless!

yankeeboy

Juniors
Pirates would be a good name, as would Bucs, Buccaneers, or Corsairs.

I think that 'Gold Coast Clippers,' recycled from the ABL club, would also be a good idea.

If they pick a Pirate theme, I think that the Tampa Bay Bucs stadium idea would be great.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
yankeeboy said:
Pirates would be a good name, as would Bucs, Buccaneers, or Corsairs.

I think that 'Gold Coast Clippers,' recycled from the ABL club, would also be a good idea.

If they pick a Pirate theme, I think that the Tampa Bay Bucs stadium idea would be great.
Aren't Corsairs evil dudes from the Lord of the Rings? The guys in the boats that the Dead Army kill...if we can choose story characters i'm going for the GC Orcs/Trolls/Elves/Dwarves/Hobbits - take a pick!

DIEHARD

----
Raider Crusader said:
Aren't Corsairs evil dudes from the Lord of the Rings? The guys in the boats that the Dead Army kill...if we can choose story characters i'm going for the GC Orcs/Trolls/Elves/Dwarves/Hobbits - take a pick!

Corsair..

1. A pirate, especially along the Barbary Coast.

2. A swift pirate ship, often operating with official sanction.

Kingytek

Juniors
I like (although very americaised) Gold Coast Heat
and like I have said before, gold coast cyclone, but that might not be very good for tourism!

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Kingytek said:
I like (although very americaised) Gold Coast Heat
and like I have said before, gold coast cyclone, but that might not be very good for tourism!
In true futuristic spirit, why not simply the GC Clones? gene altering is a wonderful thing (not)

Raider Crusader

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
Corsair..
Quote:
1. A pirate, especially along the Barbary Coast.

2. A swift pirate ship, often operating with official sanction.
Sorry. In LOTR the Corsairs of Umbar are enemies of Gondor. So while i was right, i was also wrong in not knowing that it actually means pirate. Still, the GC Hobbits sounds cool...

ByRd

First Grade
I like the Pirates, can build off it & is easy to prmote & get younger kids to follow.

macavity

Referee
I thought PIRATES sounded pretty dumb, plus there are the HUNTER PIRATES in Bball.

But the marketing opportunities (re: a cool logo, colours etc) for a rough sport like League (like the Bucs as pointed out) are pretty good. Could really get a theme going, like the KNIGHTS should have...

BUT.... would have to change the colours. a Teal and Orange Pirate? now that WOULD look pretty damn gay!

DIEHARD

----
macavity said:
I thought PIRATES sounded pretty dumb, plus there are the HUNTER PIRATES in Bball.

But the marketing opportunities (re: a cool logo, colours etc) for a rough sport like League (like the Bucs as pointed out) are pretty good. Could really get a theme going, like the KNIGHTS should have...

I thought the same, but it is a name that is growing on me at a fast rate.

pirates-logo.gif

WHAT...THE....####!?

What a poor effort. :lol: It looks like I drew it!

I am sure the Gold Coast can come up with something far far better.

DIEHARD

----
Thunderstruck said:
Does anyone have the list of 20 names apparently already shortlisted for the voting next week?

Not yet, they will be released on Monday on http://www.abc.net.au/goldcoast/

On Monday morning you can vote for a new name for the Gold Coast NRL team! Judges have chosen twenty names, and it's up to you to make a top five!

Should be interesting to see what comes up and how many lame ducks they included.

Latest posts