What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team songs (and what influenced them)

Saint Doc

Coach
@Awynn_er reninded me of this atrocity. Even though someone has uploaded it to pictures of 2010, this was released by the club in 1999 to unite everyone behind the merger!!

Best line is “our players never step into touch”

Roosters fans be like: MORRIS WAS OUT!
touchie-2010.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The modern words were a (maybe) bit less dorky and maybe appropriated by fans.
But I remember singing

We are the Saint George boys
We’ve had a win today
We are the boys you know of
We showed them how to play
No matter where you’ll be
The red and white you’ll see
Aren’t we a wonderful credit
To Kogarah Jubilee
Written in 1940s by Jack Mogridge (player 1928-29) and Owen Clarkson.

Originally the last line was "To our locality".

Here's a very old recording: http://www.jubileeavenue.com.au/history/sound/WeAreTheStGeorgeBoys.mp3

Canard

Immortal
The coyboys song is almost the worst thing i have ever heard

This was actually our official theme song for about 6 weeks a couple of seasons ago.

It was quietly dropped not long after it's introduction. Faux Bon Jovi isn't a great genre for this sort of thing

carcharias

Immortal
This was actually our official theme song for about 6 weeks a couple of seasons ago.

It was quietly dropped not long after it's introduction. Faux Bon Jovi isn't a great genre for this sort of thing
That is so f**king terrible ...it’s awesome!!!!
Rise up
Rise up
Rise up
We’re the cowboys baby!

Who the hell is in charge of this stuff?
Rugby league in general have no idea about what is cool and what isn’t.

Who was that band ?
Good Charlotte tribute show from Toowoomba or something?

simmo05

Bench

Lol, pure ear aids. Did they refer to dairy farmers as 'hallowed turf'?

Zerô

Juniors

Looks like Eric Grothe jr band has fallen on tough times. No more dizzing heights of being the Footy Show house band

Canard

Immortal
Looks like Eric Grothe jr band has fallen on tough times. No more dizzing heights of being the Footy Show house band

Hey, They once played the 11am spot at the Humphrey B Bear music day

Last edited:

TheDalek079

Bench
souffs theme is plagiarising Man United's theme, with United getting the tune from Battle Hymn for the republic

also, Alfie and the Walters:

Canard

Immortal
souffs theme is plagiarising Man United's theme, with United getting the tune from Battle Hymn for the republic

also, Alfie and the Walters:

It looks like Man U didn't start using Glory,Glory til the 1980s, so I don't think you are correct.

Also, Mercifully that Broncos dirge was never a official "team" song.

I get this. I’ve always preferred our Lee Kernaghan original The Blue and the Grey (C’mon the Cowboys). The chorus is plenty good enough as the short sing-a-long version but the verses make it for the hardcore fans.

Is that the "we're the boys from the bush and we're back in town...we get high when the sun goes down. We're life members of the outback cluuuub, we're the boys from the bush come in from the scrub." ???

I love that song tbh.

Vee

First Grade
Is that the "we're the boys from the bush and we're back in town...we get high when the sun goes down. We're life members of the outback cluuuub, we're the boys from the bush come in from the scrub." ???

I love that song tbh.
Nah mate, YouTube C'mon the Cowboys.

Nah mate, YouTube C'mon the Cowboys.

I shall.

The previous song I mentioned was used during the 94 Grand Final to introduce the Cowboys for 95. Had cowboys n girls line dancing and all. It stuck in my head for a long time.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Not sure this has been mentioned yet

Singer was a big eels fan who died a few years ago. Do we still play this at games?

Latest posts