What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Knights

Meth

Staff member
Priceless and very enjoyable to counter the knobs on here such as yourself.
Rest assured I will continue to post whilst you can continue to put down players in the team you're supposed to support. We get it you’re not a people person Meth.

Sure thing SuperCoach.

Are you still “unsure why people harp on about the harms of importing meth”?

• Wow
Reactions: JJ
Sure thing SuperCoach.

Are you still “unsure why people harp on about the harms of importing meth”?
No. It's not a good thing that's quite obvious.
I certainly wouldn't name myself "Meth" if your such a superhero about the effects of it.
I see you have an issue with me forgiving Manu for his stupid decision.
To forgive and make someone learn and become better people is my fortay.
Your throw the key away method for people making mistakes does not gel with me.

Meth

Staff member
"I don’t know why people are harping on about the harms of importing meth."

Meth

Staff member
The thing is @Wheeled Warrior, supporting a club doesn't mean lining up to offer fellatio to every one of it's present or past players.

I love the Warriors and I want them to win, every week.

I don't see Jackson Ford as being the best second row option in order to achieve that.

I don't see Manu Vatuvei as being the best influence to have kicking around the club in order to achieve that.

Do you get the idea?

I understand that your idea of support includes fellatio. Mine does not.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I know I’m in the minority on Ford. Believe me, I want him to go well for us. I’m not death riding him.

He’s probably been the less disappointing of the two second rowers.

But I just fundamentally don’t value him as a player.

Yeah I can get people saying "he gets through a lot of work and we can afford his shortcomings because our team strategy requires a workhorse who is very fit" but I am genuinely miffed that some of our more esteemed posters can't seem to see that he's an exceptionally low-ability player?

Like, his combined football skills and athletic ability (fitness aside) are about a 3/10 for an NRL level player and that's obvious from just like...watching him run and watching him catch or pass a ball? I dunno I'm seriously questioning some of you if you're not seeing this.

I reiterate, it's not a matter of demanding he be removed from the team, just acknowledging that ideally we'd find a guy with a good workrate who also wasn't a total gumby.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Also the selection of Pompey is a bit disenchanting just in terms of what it says about Leiataua. I had high hopes for Leiataua, albeit mostly based on small samples of watching him play and what I'd heard from other posters.

Obviously I'm not saying he's washed up or anything, but he's 21 now, sitting 4th on the depth chart behind Adam Pompey. Either Webster is underrating him or he's not as good as I'm hoping.

For context, keep in mind that Leiataua is the same age as Vailea, who debuted 3 years ago and has been discarded. It's not like he's a kid who you wouldn't expect to be ready yet.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah I can get people saying "he gets through a lot of work and we can afford his shortcomings because our team strategy requires a workhorse who is very fit" but I am genuinely miffed that some of our more esteemed posters can't seem to see that he's an exceptionally low-ability player?

Like, his combined football skills and athletic ability (fitness aside) are about a 3/10 for an NRL level player and that's obvious from just like...watching him run and watching him catch or pass a ball? I dunno I'm seriously questioning some of you if you're not seeing this.

I reiterate, it's not a matter of demanding he be removed from the team, just acknowledging that ideally we'd find a guy with a good workrate who also wasn't a total gumby.

WHY DO YOU HATE THE WARRIORS?????

Izz

Bench
Also the selection of Pompey is a bit disenchanting just in terms of what it says about Leiataua. I had high hopes for Leiataua, albeit mostly based on small samples of watching him play and what I'd heard from other posters.

Obviously I'm not saying he's washed up or anything, but he's 21 now, sitting 4th on the depth chart behind Adam Pompey. Either Webster is underrating him or he's not as good as I'm hoping.

For context, keep in mind that Leiataua is the same age as Vailea, who debuted 3 years ago and has been discarded. It's not like he's a kid who you wouldn't expect to be ready yet.
Yeah, I dunno. he looked good during the trials (much more dangerous than Pompey imo), but Webster seems to really like players in the hardworking/punch above their weight but aren't really that good mould. I see Leiataua is on the extended bench so maybe he has an outside sniff for the weekend

Meth

Staff member
My feeling is that they see Pompey as a defensive centre and they want him to do a job containing Gagai.

Not sure he's earned that rep though.

Yeah he can be a gumby (tool) at times but here are some reasons why he stays for me.

Ford is a Warrior and he wears our colours with pride. I feel it from him.

Ford is a 6/10 in his first 20 minutes. Then becomes a 8/10 as he settles in.

Ford runs good lines up there with Marata.

Ford has a good partnership with Shaun.

Unlike some of the other players that make mistakes Ford always makes up for his shit.

Webby can see what he has to offer in his 2nd year of coaching the Warriors, If you don't back Ford back the coach for picking him.

My feeling is that they see Pompey as a defensive centre and they want him to do a job containing Gagai.

Not sure he's earned that rep though.
Pompey was our best defensive centre last year. He took care of all his assignments and in most cases got the better of them. It's just people like you that continue to downplay people even when they try or show improvements.

ozenzud

Juniors
I loved one of Wayne Bennett's re-quotes, "if I listened to the fans, I'd be sitting with them". Apparently Buddy Ryan said it first. But just sayin. Webster has done OK with his calls so far and he lives and dies on his decisions.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I just think Pompey is too slow to be a reeeally good defender, although he's solid enough. There's no level of defensive ability that can fix a faster guy just running around you, which even the likes of Nathan Cleary have proven capable of doing to Pompey.

Gagai, especially in 2024, is a bit of a slug himself though so that should be fine. Just would've preferred (my hypothetical version of) Leiataua be given a chance.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I loved one of Wayne Bennett's re-quotes, "if I listened to the fans, I'd be sitting with them". Apparently Buddy Ryan said it first. But just sayin. Webster has done OK with his calls so far and he lives and dies on his decisions.

Yes but I remind you of Albert Einstein's famous quote - "rugby league internet forums exist so that fans can share their opinions on stuff, not restricted to simply repeatedly affirming that the coach must be right". Sage words to keep in mind, and from one of history's greatest geniuses.

Meth

Staff member
Ford is a Warrior and he wears our colours with pride. I feel it from him.

Is this like your feeling last week, that Webster had told every player what position they were playing for the year, who they were competing with and definitely wouldn't play anyone in any other positions?

Meth

Staff member
Unlike some of the other players that make mistakes Ford always makes up for his shit.

Why are you throwing shade at the other players? They are Warriors!! I feel it from them? What kind of supporter are you??

And how does Ford make up for his mistakes? By reliably making more?

Meth

Staff member

Yeah, it's amazing how people say this sort of thing to diminish one opinion, while at the same time asserting their own.

If my opinion that Ford isn't the best option for the team is invalid, so too is the counter, that he is the best option for the team.

Meth

Staff member
I just think Pompey is too slow to be a reeeally good defender, although he's solid enough. There's no level of defensive ability that can fix a faster guy just running around you, which even the likes of Nathan Cleary have proven capable of doing to Pompey.

Gagai, especially in 2024, is a bit of a slug himself though so that should be fine. Just would've preferred (my hypothetical version of) Leiataua be given a chance.

I think Pompey is definitely a more known quantity- a bit like Montoya.

It would be a higher risk (with a potentially higher reward) to introduce Leiataua (or Kosi) and Webster doesn't tend to go for risk.

Meth

Staff member
Pompey was our best defensive centre last year.

Look, Pompey isn't really something I'm worked up about. I'm not really excited about him though.

I think, from memory, he contained Gagai pretty well in the finals last year.

He's meh

At his best, he's serviceable. At his worst, he's sub-par. He's a depth signing.

Latest posts