What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Manly

Blair

Coach
I'm not confident at all !! Wasn't last week either though, feel that we are due for a loss, however if certain guys form holds up we will be hard to handle, Tom T is due to explode too

Might be wrong here, but the run against you guys is unbelievable, last win back in 2013 and I think before that it may have been the Stacey comeback game ?

2009 = Denan Kemp kick from the sideline to steal it! Now, that's memorable.

The last Warriors hiding dished out to Manly was in 2007:
Aug 26th Round 24 Manly 14 Warriors 36 Mt Smart.
Wairangi Koopu rampaged down the touchline for one try, good old days. The boys finding form for the finals, finished in top four.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
2009 = Denan Kemp kick from the sideline to steal it! Now, that's memorable.

The last Warriors hiding dished out to Manly was in 2007:
Aug 26th Round 24 Manly 14 Warriors 36 Mt Smart.
Wairangi Koopu rampaged down the touchline for one try, good old days. The boys finding form for the finals, finished in top four.

Remember that 2007 game well, we wore the blue Auckland RL jerseys. Those were the days.

Beavers is having a laugh. His side is bloody great. Ours is OK, sometimes. We never win in Perth. Have we ever? I think from memory no. We have a poor recent record v Manly. It's just all stacking up Sea Eagles.

Blair

Coach
Remember that 2007 game well, we wore the blue Auckland RL jerseys. Those were the days.

Beavers is having a laugh. His side is bloody great. Ours is OK, sometimes. We never win in Perth. Have we ever? I think from memory no. We have a poor recent record v Manly. It's just all stacking up Sea Eagles.

Yeah, and with only one side really playing for their season we still know who'll win.

The next four games are a bleak prospect for the Warriors: Manly (a), Panthers (h), Cowboys (a), Sharks (h). We're looking to be out of the finals race by the end of July, a far earlier exit than last year.

To add to the gloom, we've copped Tedesco and Woods' final game for the Tigers, and at Leichhardt! Both sides well out of the race but only one side motivated to dish out a hiding.

Cold Roses

Juniors
I'm not confident at all !! Wasn't last week either though, feel that we are due for a loss, however if certain guys form holds up we will be hard to handle, Tom T is due to explode too

Might be wrong here, but the run against you guys is unbelievable, last win back in 2013 and I think before that it may have been the Stacey comeback game ?

Manly, much like St George, just have the formula to beat us. Play at the line and up the tempo with more offloads than they usually would. Tapau could have a field day against us.

Shits me. The Perth trip is bad enough, but playing Manly there as well is almost a guaranteed loss. Surprised we got so close last year.

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
Go the lads!

And soon Kearney's extended bench will be up to 13 players

Under the rules introduced this year you must name 21 players and they are the only players you can pick from (up until game day). This is designed to account for injuries and prevents coaches bringing in "surprise" selections on game day. I think it is mainly for the purpose of betting? That's why players swapping midweek cannot play for their new club until the following week. If they weren't named on Tuesday, they can't play that week.

Reactions: Izz

Blair

Coach
Manly, much like St George, just have the formula to beat us. Play at the line and up the tempo with more offloads than they usually would. Tapau could have a field day against us.

Shits me. The Perth trip is bad enough, but playing Manly there as well is almost a guaranteed loss. Surprised we got so close last year.

Incredible rain last year, remember. That made it a closer game,even a lottery, which it turned out to be with golden point field goals. Dry deck, it'll be a 30-40 point margin on Saturday, really, they're that much better. Never felt so negative.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, and with only one side really playing for their season we still know who'll win.

The next four games are a bleak prospect for the Warriors: Manly (a), Panthers (h), Cowboys (a), Sharks (h). We're looking to be out of the finals race by the end of July, a far earlier exit than last year.

To add to the gloom, we've copped Tedesco and Woods' final game for the Tigers, and at Leichhardt! Both sides well out of the race but only one side motivated to dish out a hiding.

Those two don't give a shit about the Tigers. Not worried there.

Manly definitely playing with motivation too, they want top 4.

Read today that 5 wins from our last 9 gets us into the 8. I also read something like just getting into the 8 isn't enough, think it was Foran. Sorry Foz but YES IT IS. We haven't been there for 6 years. Just get us there and let us remember what it's like to give a shit in September.

ozenzud

Juniors
Those two don't give a shit about the Tigers. Not worried there.

Manly definitely playing with motivation too, they want top 4.

Read today that 5 wins from our last 9 gets us into the 8. I also read something like just getting into the 8 isn't enough, think it was Foran. Sorry Foz but YES IT IS. We haven't been there for 6 years. Just get us there and let us remember what it's like to give a shit in September.

Blair said we will be out of it end of July, Its worse than that, lose Saturday the seasons "o, o over and over". Just because of our draw. Its tough. They are going to have to win some games they are not expected to and this is one of those. Penriff beat the Bunnies, which shouldn't be hard, they open up a gap that will be hard to bridge. Saints might be a possibility to come down, maybe Raiders will finally get there season on track?

Scott

Bench
if foran is out cherrington is in. Ata to 6

I thought because Cherrington hasn't been named in the 21 man squad that he can't play. So if Foran is out, then perhaps Lino is on the bench, or god forbid, we use Brodene at dummy half to give Roache a break if he needs it...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Blair said we will be out of it end of July, Its worse than that, lose Saturday the seasons "o, o over and over". Just because of our draw. Its tough. They are going to have to win some games they are not expected to and this is one of those. Penriff beat the Bunnies, which shouldn't be hard, they open up a gap that will be hard to bridge. Saints might be a possibility to come down, maybe Raiders will finally get there season on track?

I don't think it's over if we lose today. In fact, every game is winnable from hereon in. Still got the Knights, the Tigers, winnable games at home, even a trip to NQ without JT.

Today is our toughest fixture remaining so to drop it won't be an indictment nor the end of the world. And I'm usually the biggest pessimist here.

Blair

Coach
I don't think it's over if we lose today. In fact, every game is winnable from hereon in. Still got the Knights, the Tigers, winnable games at home, even a trip to NQ without JT.

Today is our toughest fixture remaining so to drop it won't be an indictment nor the end of the world. And I'm usually the biggest pessimist here.

All week I was the Blue Mountains' most negative Warriors fan. Today I'm a bit better. The thing about today's game is it's one of those ones that can really ignite a season and, as others have mentioned, any good season means winning a few that were tough, that you're even unexpected to win.

I remember back in '07, we were in serious trouble (on a six game losing streak!), really at a crossroads when we had an awkward game mid-season at Cronulla, in the cold and wet of a Shire night (sorry if that sounds a bit LOTR). We ground out a 12-2 win (just checked the score!) and didn't look back from there. Mannering said it was, 'the game that really turned our season around."

I'm hoping today is one of those games.

Interestingly, from that game on Cronulla lost seven on the trot and we finished top four, so yeah, pivotal game for both clubs.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Hear Sam Lisone is having the week-end off to go to his sisters wedding.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Do you reckon Manly have a chance Beaver?

Still not overly confident mate, which sounds stupid, but as a keen gambler I always have a rule that when the Warriors are paying $3 or more it's a good time to punt on them, and they have hit $3 today !!

Just worry we are due for an off game, but on the flip side the Trbojevic guys and the forward pack are generally pretty consistent

Rate Manlys chances higher than mine getting the remote off the mrs to see it live though haha