What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Rabbitohs

vvvrulz

Coach
We've got a few serious problems this year:

- We're lean and fit, which is great for going the 80 but we still lack serious power and size. If a pack as brutal and inspired as the Bunnies turn up we're going to get smashed and our halves will have nothing to work with. This has to improve or we're cooked against the best sides.
- We're missing SJ; goes without saying that the SJ-Kakariki combination is absolutely critical to our success. We've exhausted our backup options and proved they all suck, we have very little creativity unless both these men are on the park with Luke and RTS backing them up.
- Mannering is shot, I don't know what it is but his head is simply not there - maybe after years of playing to the bone there's finally no petrol in the tank. I think he needs a spell on the side to get back in the right headspace, something just isn't adding up and he's going to cost us more games at this rate.
- We can't carry defensive holes, as long as turnstyles like Hiku are around we hand out a free pass for smart opponents to exploit. I like Hiku and he's done good work, but he's got to be a reggies player in the back end of the season.

Now to put a positive spin on things, I don't think it's all doom and gloom. I really like some of the encouraging steps we've taken this year and the fact is we're still firmly in the 8 at near mid-season. This feels a lot like the build-up year of 2001, 2007 etc. where we're getting a good side in order; this is the time to iron out the flaws and hopefully set ourselves up for better things.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yep, good post.

I still think we're borderline 8th/9th best team in the comp. The Broncos won't miss the 8, so someone has to drop out and I can't see who it'd be apart from us and the Tigers. I think we are a marginally better side than them, so hopefully we can get through the Origin period with a couple of wins in what is a tough draw, then come home with a wet sail in a pretty favourable draw after the Origin period.