What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Warriors - Gidley Rested

~knights~

Juniors
If Kurt plays last night, the pressure is off Mullen, but without Kurt up the middle, Mullen had to try and organise the team, make the plays himself, and then do all the kicking.

IMO if Kurt plays we can have Mullo and Rogers in the halves, but without Kurt we need Scott (I know he is injured).

Kurt and Scott are leaders. They get the side doing what they need to do, if it means giving them a spray they do it. Mullen and Rogers dont have that.

I honestly think that if we had either Kurt or Scott last night we control the game for the most part.

yep
I'm on the same wavelength as you

Jono078

Referee
I'd like to think that the Knights are at least exploring the options of Ben Hunt, Beau Henry, Keiran Foran. Even if we are no chance of getting them like Joker believes with Hunt, then the effort should still be put in.

Who knows, Hunt might not want to wait another year or 2 for Lockyer. He may want to play first grade now.

To a lesser extent Daly Cherry Evans.

With all of the above, I have no idea about their contract situations, though I know Hunt is unsigned.

Other than that, I sympathise with the Knights because they attempted to do this last season with Arana Taumata, and we all know how that fell through. It probably left them behind the 8 ball a bit with their plans, as an Arana Taumata with his head screwed on right, would probably have been the longer term solution they were looking at. So they had made that effort, and it came unstuck.

There are other more tried and true options that could have done the job, but we won't get them here because of the coaches relationship with them.

We can write off home grown Ryan Stig ever being a quality first grade half. Not in a zillion years.
Id like to think not. Tonight was the first game i've seen from him and he basically played worse than all of Dureau's worst games put together. Ouch!

voltron

Juniors
true
karma would have crucified him
and then p!ssed all over him

but yeah
i still would like to think that we're exploring the option of him as well

Karmawave

Bench
Ben Hunt is a top notch player and crucifying the kid at 19 years of age on his debut would be the kind of thing d*ckheads in here would love to do just to fuel the Karma agenda and pro Dureau club.

Granted, Hunt didn't have a great game, but did you watch the rest of the Broncos team?! How exactly is the bloke meant to perform when his forwards were completely ratsh*t?

The Broncos were woeful as an entire unit. I felt for the kid to be honest. He isn't ready yet ( and not sure anyone here said he was ready yet either ), but when he is, he'll be quality.

Joker, you're talking up ' young ' half Scott Porter? He's in his mid 20's or something isn't he? He would be a huge backward step. No thanks.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Joker, you're talking up ' young ' half Scott Porter? He's in his mid 20's or something isn't he? He would be a huge backward step. No thanks.

He's 24 and a good quality halback with a top kicking game. What is so farkin backwards about that?

Karmawave

Bench
He's 24 and a good quality halback with a top kicking game. What is so farkin backwards about that?

You've based his ' good quality ' on half a dozen games? Dureau is younger and has a good kicking game ( mostly ).

I mean if you can be top quality halfback after a handful of games, bring back Leo Dynevor!

Joker's Wild

Coach
You've based his ' good quality ' on half a dozen games? Dureau is younger and has a good kicking game ( mostly ).

I mean if you can be top quality halfback after a handful of games, bring back Leo Dynevor!

No mate, not just basing it on his couple of FG games but on what I saw of the kid playing for the Comets in '07 and the Cobras last year. He was pushing big time for a FG spot then before doing his knee.

Latest posts