What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis ... :p

thommo4pm

Coach
Zoidberg said:
I've never been big on tennis really.
Watched it when Rafter was going strong, but thats asbout it

Some of the Rafter v Agassi and Rafter v Sampras clashes were classics.
I remember being extremely tired a few mornings after watching Rafter / Agassi semi's at Wimbledon, and there was a semi at the Oz Open between those 2 also which was an absolute beauty.

Alba

Coach
Sam Stosur was coming through nicely but then she just dropped off the face of the planet .. does anyone know what happened to her?

What I hate most about womens tennis is that there are so many "glamour girls" there that have little talent. They may make the game alot of money but they are boring as bat sh*t to watch. Anna K for example.. MY GOD! I liked watching her play doubles she was good at that but singles she sucked. Ivanovic is one of the alright ones. She isn't great but occasionally entertains. BTW I love that first pic of her that dress is HOT!

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Alba said:
Sam Stosur was coming through nicely but then she just dropped off the face of the planet .. does anyone know what happened to her?

I think she may have lost in the early rounds of the Womens Gold Coast tournament this week.

Alba

Coach
I hardly think Molik is ever rated so I don't know how she could be overrated? lol

Alba said:
I hardly think Molik is ever rated so I don't know how she could be overrated? lol

Good point...has been made to look good by the media trying to sell ladies tennis to the public really.;-)

thommo4pm

Coach
Seagullsrock said:
I think she may have lost in the early rounds of the Womens Gold Coast tournament this week.

Nope she didn't contest it.
Stosur is another waste of talent.
In the top 30 in the world and hardly gets past the 1st or 2nd round of any WTA event.

Alba ..... agree about Ivanovic.
Looks sensational in that dress, and is also a fine tennis player.
Jankovic looks like she has some tennis talent if she can keep away from injuries.
The Young French girl who lost to Davenport yesterday also looks to have a booming forehand if she can control it. We might see more of her in years to come.

thommo4pm said:
In the top 30 in the world and hardly gets past the 1st or 2nd round of any WTA event.

Jankovic looks like she has some tennis talent if she can keep away from injuries.
The Young French girl who lost to Davenport yesterday also looks to have a booming forehand if she can control it. We might see more of her in years to come.

Ladies tennis in Oz is garbage...Hewitt will not win the open. The big boys will kill him...:cool:

Alba

Coach
thommo4pm said:

yeah when I first watched Stosur I thought "here we go" and then she just wasted the talent..

Unfortunately I haven't watched any tennis in a few days so i'm not sure who the French girl is that beat Davenport but I might have to check up on it :)

Moffo

Referee
molik is sh*t, we haven't had a good female tennis player for f**king ages. whats going on

Alba

Coach
id hardly even call her that .. more like

ex soap actress-turned groupie-turned mooch

Eelementary

Post Whore
Seriously though - why is he a douchebag these days?

Ok, the way he carries on about the surface of the Australian Open courts is a bit much...But does his "COME ON!" really bother people that much?

Tennis, like any other sport, needs to evolve to keep up with the times - if that means having extroverted characters instead of robots like Roger Federer competing, so be it. In my opinion, of course.

Alba

Coach
shes not trashy shes just pathetic.. and for the papers to call them "OUR POSH AND BECKS" --> hahahahahaha ... Victoria actually makes her own money unlike Bec who just "supports her husband" aka spends all of his money while using that as an excuse not to make her own ..

Lleyton Hewitt is a d***head. I don't care if he changes. He will ALWAYS be a d***head to me. I would like to smack him out with a frypan if given the chance.