What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrance Williams from the Atlanta Rhinos sign to play in Australia

deluded pom?

Coach
Good luck to all the North American guys over in Australia. There was an invitation from Alan Robinson at Coventry Bears in the comments section. The Bears play in the third tier of RL here in the U.K. if any guys playing in the USA are interested.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Good luck to all the North American guys over in Australia. There was an invitation from Alan Robinson at Coventry Bears in the comments section. The Bears play in the third tier of RL here in the U.K. if any guys playing in the USA are interested.

The challenge with the UK is I am not aware of any visa that allows the young USA players to work while playing. Australia has the Working Holiday visa that is good for 12 months, that allows those 27 and under to spend a year there and work and travel. Because none of the teams they play for are full time professional, they can play RL while making enough money to live.

If there is a visa for the UK that allows for a young player to make enough money to live, and a club to find him either free or cheap accommodation, I would love to get some guys over to the UK for a season.

deluded pom?

Coach
From mig's link above.

Travellers on a UK Working Holiday Visa can holiday in the UK for 24 months. The work permit on the visa allows you to work for 12 of the 24 months in any job, except if you are a professional sportsperson or intend to set up a business.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Yes you are right.

The only realistic but complicated option for US citizens is getting a WHV for Ireland and either playing there or ducking over to England each weekend for training and games. Which is probably unrealistic but theoretically it could be done.

However, applicants must be either enrolled in postsecondary education or have graduated from it in the last 12 months.

Craigo

Juniors
Actually it would be nice if we could have a report on how the American boys are going with their respective clubs from those in the know. I have been trying to find out how Ryan Burroughs is going at Wenty but am not having much luck.
I hope they all kill it!!

Craigo

Juniors

Latest posts