What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tevita Pangai Junior off contract.

Como Connection

First Grade
Just imagine if we did sign Pangai. Our pack would be the best in the comp by far and we would have so much depth in the forwards. Pangai would add to our power game. We would also have James Graham's spot already covered for when he retires. We have got 3 very promising edge backrowers in Leilua, Host and Ford, so there is no need for us to sign Gillette.

I think we have some good exciting young backs coming through, in Lomax, Marsters, Johns, Field, Sailor and Herbert, so I don't think we need to sign any backs either.

Sign him Millward or if anyone knows Millward personally get into his ear and give him a nudge.
I have his mobile number FF.
CC

Frank Facer

First Grade
There is a new article on Foxsports right now about Pangai, being the most in demand forward in the game, Cronulla have joined Easts and Newcastle in bids to sign the 113kg prop. We should also join the race. We are now a very attractive club. We have more chance of winning a comp than Newcastle, Cronulla and Brisbane now. We have one of the best forward packs in the comp. Lets make our team stronger and weaken Brisbane at the same time and don't let Cronulla, Easts or Newcastle get stronger either. I will provide the link for anyone who wants to look up the article for themselves.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/32c521e8c33090af3cd6ed767053fa33

kit66

Bench
Plays low minutes, misses a lot of tackles, is good for a drop ball and a penalty per game and with other teams chasing him hard he'd be too expensive.
Re-sign Ah Mau and wait for someone cheap and useful. Boyd from Canberra would suit our team, hard worker, quality defender and still makes good metres.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Plays low minutes, misses a lot of tackles, is good for a drop ball and a penalty per game and with other teams chasing him hard he'd be too expensive.
Re-sign Ah Mau and wait for someone cheap and useful. Boyd from Canberra would suit our team, hard worker, quality defender and still makes good metres.
If Pangai was a bad as you say, then he wouldn't be the most in demand forward in the game right now.

Boyd wouldn't be cheap either.

kit66

Bench
If Pangai was a bad as you say, then he wouldn't be the most in demand forward in the game right now.

Boyd wouldn't be cheap either.

Might be the lack of Props on the market. I didn't say he was bad, I said we could do better.
Who else is on the market - Papali, Boyd, Pangai......

Pangai's strengths are breaking tackles and getting an off load away which isn't really what we lack. We would do better to find a good defender who also makes good metres and gets quick play the balls. We have enough ball playing forwards and guys that can off load, we need a real worker in the middle I think - not a lazy defender like Pangai.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Might be the lack of Props on the market. I didn't say he was bad, I said we could do better.

Pangai's strengths are breaking tackles and getting an off load away which isn't really what we lack. We would do better to find a good defender who also makes good metres and gets quick play the balls. We have enough ball playing forwards and guys that can off load, we need a real worker in the middle I think - not a lazy defender like Pangai.
Junior Paulo is also off contract. He could be worth signing.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Re sign Leeson, first and foremost.

Boyd off the pine would be ok, but he's a bit soft is the knock on him.

Wonder what Sir J. Graham could do for him?

Bit left of centre, but I wouldnt sneeze at bringing Matt Prior back to fill this spot

Frank Facer

First Grade
Not at $600k a season he's asking for
Yeah, I would happily pay Pangai 600K a year over the next 3 or 4 years. It would probably turn out to be a bargain. Graham may only have one more year after this year, we need to have another really good prop to cover when he departs. Other good prop are on much more than 600K a season right now. Fifita signed with Canterbury for over 850K a few seasons ago. We were apparently offering Fifita over 700K at the same time and since then the salary cap has risen dramatically.

I think if we signed Pangai, that we would have the strongest pack in the comp with the best depth too. I think that could pave the way for us to win the comp next year. We still should be swapping Aitken and Nightingale this year, so that we are more prepared to win next year's comp. We would also be a better chance of winning this year's comps, if we did so.

possm

Coach

We had a player with those skills and let him go - Packer

Frank Facer

First Grade
Pangai is still unsigned for next year. We have already lost Ah Mau. We should be going all out for Pangai. His form since he came back from being injured early in the season has been very good. I thought he was Brisbane's best forward, until Bennett put him back on the bench.

Latest posts