What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You

eelsta

Bench
thats fair enough but if i hated every player parra lost i'd be psychotic by now just find a new favourite and hope he stays :)

eelsta

Bench
Wezman007 said:
I am hoping that head and hornby stay
i hope that they do for your sake i mean its got to the stage at parra you dont dare have a fav player or else his gone, thankfully hindmarsh isnt one of them so we have at least got him for life i'd say.

Dakink

Bench
He also a traitor. You haver to understand that he was our all-round fav player, & that's why we 'hate' him now, Saints fans felt portrayed

Umm dont you mean felt betrayed??? As for hating him not really, just wish hadnt gone to such a club of wankers like the Eels. Anyway with Smithy as coach and with the patients err sorry players they have bought you have to look forward to the upcoming season and Parra's chances (or lack of 'em) as I do!!

God-King Dean

Immortal
eelsta said:
thats fair enough but if i hated every player parra lost i'd be psychotic by now just find a new favourite and hope he stays :)

Of course you woulnd't hate the players that left your club, they were let go :(

eelsta

Bench
Dakink said:
He also a traitor. You haver to understand that he was our all-round fav player, & that's why we 'hate' him now, Saints fans felt portrayed

Umm dont you mean felt betrayed??? As for hating him not really, just wish hadnt gone to such a club of wankers like the Eels. Anyway with Smithy as coach and with the patients err sorry players they have bought you have to look forward to the upcoming season and Parra's chances (or lack of 'em) as I do!!

no need for that mate, as for smith well mmm point taken,but i think the patients as you call them just may suprise even if they are wankers :roll: :roll: your charming description not mine ;-)

eelsta

Bench
Immortal said:
eelsta said:

Of course you woulnd't hate the players that left your club, they were let go :(
well i do hate 1 lyon mainly because of the way he did it .

luther

Juniors
the roosters let riddell go as a junior because he was recognised as a selfish ball runner. yes, he is high impact but when a player continually runs the ball from dummy half himself he minimise the impetus of the set plays and outside backs.

saints may have done themselves the biggest favour in terms of structure yet by letting him go.

ennis plays a semi five eights game; he distributes the ball more effectively than riddell.

think of it: if ennis at dummy half can link with head and barrett saints have added more to their effectiveness than we may yet realise

God-King Dean

Immortal
You're a smart man Luther, people are always saying Barrett & Head need to get the ball out wide more often, so what you're saying may be the answer

On the other side of the arguement, one could say Riddell usually picked the right time to run the ball, uses his weight, & puts the other team on the back-foot. I'm definatly gonna miss his tries from dummy-half :(

luther

Juniors
yes immortal, i will miss those tries from dummy half and those charges wide of the ruck. but i don't think the first is about size. browny used to do the same when he played hooker and i think the coaching staff can find someone else to play a similar role close to the line.

saints have a big mobile pack and any one of sims, ryles, and young etc can storm out wide.

another factor to think about is the way ryles is used. with riddell gone i believe his effectiveness will increase. he runs well just off the ruck and i wonder if saints were seeing a flaw in the forward attack when riddell ran on his own too often? ryles can off load well something riddell didn't do often and everyone recognises the value of those short off loads. bailey does it well too.

i hope young steps up; he seems the one most likely to fill a riddell style role?

i don't think we need to get too worried about the loss of riddell. it would have been great for him to stay for the reasons raised by others; however, maybe we will see a more potent style of play all round.