What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks fellas

Rabbits20

Immortal
Much prefer Cook!!

Anyone is made to look better at hooker against that barnstorming Dragons pack!!

So far when we have played you guys lately Cook has thoroughly outplayed Mcturtle. Last year round 22 he was superb Cook. Outplayed Cam in the Charity Shield too.

So maybe Mcturtle is due this week!

Whilst Cam suits you guys I don't miss him one iota.

SBD82

Coach
Much prefer Cook!!

Anyone is made to look better at hooker against that barnstorming Dragons pack!!

So far when we have played you guys lately Cook has thoroughly outplayed Mcturtle. Last year round 22 he was superb Cook. Outplayed Cam in the Charity Shield too.

So maybe Mcturtle is due this week!

Whilst Cam suits you guys I don't miss him one iota.
Prefer away.

But maybe if you still had McInnes providing service the Burgii wouldn't have developed a severe case of the dropsies.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Prefer away.

But maybe if you still had McInnes providing service the Burgii wouldn't have developed a severe case of the dropsies.
You just resigned McInnes too?
That’s a sharp spine you’ve got locked in place at the moment. In contrast ours is still a makeshift unit gaining a bit of cohesion.

SBD82

Coach
You just resigned McInnes too?
That’s a sharp spine you’ve got locked in place at the moment. In contrast ours is still a makeshift unit gaining a bit of cohesion.
Yeah. I think it's a well balanced spine. The best part about it is that we started 2017 with one ball player in the spine, we now have 3. I think when you have so much creativity from your 1,6 and 7, it allows you to have someone like McInnes who can get stuck in and do his job - running the forwards around, taking scoots, giving good wide ball, and tackling his heart out.

Will be interesting to see what happens with your spine in the next couple of weeks. I've always liked Reynolds, but your young halfback has shown a fair bit since being given an opportunity.

SBD82

Coach
Always rated Cam. Was devastated that we let him go. Will lock up the NSW hooking spot soon and will keep it for many years imo.
I'm a little worried about the talk of McInnes for NSW. He takes on a massive workload for us, and while I think he does a great job, he looked a bit worn out at the end of last season. I'd like to see him play out this season at club level and then reassess next year.

The last thing I want is for him to be thrown in to origin too early and crippled in the amateurish blues setup.

ThingFish

Juniors
I'm a little worried about the talk of McInnes for NSW. He takes on a massive workload for us, and while I think he does a great job, he looked a bit worn out at the end of last season. I'd like to see him play out this season at club level and then reassess next year.

The last thing I want is for him to be thrown in to origin too early and crippled in the amateurish blues setup.
I know what you’re saying. The worst thing to happen to Adam Reynolds was making the Blues team. His confidence seemed to be crushed after two sub par performances on the very public big stage. Hasn’t been the same since.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I know what you’re saying. The worst thing to happen to Adam Reynolds was making the Blues team. His confidence seemed to be crushed after two sub par performances on the very public big stage. Hasn’t been the same since.
I don't think Mcturtle is good enough for origin....

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I don't see why not. He has thrived since leaving Souths to join StGI where he is an 80 minute player in a 4-0 team and the NSW spine will most likely bear similar qualities to what StGI's does. There aren't many ahead of him, if any at all.
I’ve heard Korisau been mentioned but you’d think McInnes is in the box seat.
Good luck to him. He deserves it

I don't see why not. He has thrived since leaving Souths to join StGI where he is an 80 minute player in a 4-0 team and the NSW spine will most likely bear similar qualities to what StGI's does. There aren't many ahead of him, if any at all.

I think Api will get the first shot at Origin this year. Cam may come in for game two or three if that doesn't go to plan but I think it more likely that Cam gets a shot next year if he can keep his form up.

Travitoh

First Grade
Both Souths juniors and neither played 50 games for the club, now in the mix to play origin.
I don't know if i should be proud or cry

SBD82

Coach
I think Api will get the first shot at Origin this year. Cam may come in for game two or three if that doesn't go to plan but I think it more likely that Cam gets a shot next year if he can keep his form up.
I hope you're right, especially since we look like going in with a Pearce/Maloney/Tedesco spine again. Api's creativity would be pretty useful in that group.

ThingFish

Juniors
Both Souths juniors and neither played 50 games for the club, now in the mix to play origin.
I don't know if i should be proud or cry
Don’t forget another junior, Peatsy had a go at the blues 9 jersey last year as well. We can certainly produce a 9, we just can’t keep them.