What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is why origin > tests

Springs

First Grade
LOL No, I think most would agree because of the fact that you're trying to paint that anything does better than SOO in terms of exposure and revenue, among other things.

Don't get up in arms because I called it as I saw it.
SOO is the biggest representative of the sport, it earns the most money, ratings , it gives League the most exposure and more often than not is the highest quality in the game.
Arguing til you're blue in the face won't change that.
You're not very realistic, are you?

:roll::roll:

No, NRL gives the sport the most money and ratings. Origin gives the most exposure in Australia, but around the rest of the world? No, just no.

Realistic? You are the one who can't look outside their own backyard.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Foreign mercinaries have been filling the ranks of Int'l teams since before the inception of the WC.

I guess you think guys like Sims, Fitzhenry, Tuiaki, Bukuya, etc played for other nations for the love of their mother countries, not the extra coin playing in the WC brought.

The Wc motto should be "Not good enough for SOO? Do we have an Int'l minnow for you!"

Oh please, the minnows were on 100 pounds a win. Hardly the 20,000 a game minimum that SOO provides. Can provide you proof for England and Scotland. They travelled on Economy flights even. Players played to be involved in the pinnacle.

adamkungl

Immortal
Don't see why people have to bag either level of competition to make their point. Fair call if you prefer Tests to SOO, but claiming SOO is an overblow myth is straight up nonsense. It's the most loved sporting event in Australia ffs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't see why people have to bag either level of competition to make their point. Fair call if you prefer Tests to SOO, but claiming SOO is an overblow myth is straight up nonsense. It's the most loved sporting event in Australia ffs.

I think you will find that would be the Melbourne cup followed by the asHe's.

Shorty

Staff member
No, NRL gives the sport the most money and ratings. Origin gives the most exposure in Australia, but around the rest of the world? No, just no.

Realistic? You are the one who can't look outside their own backyard.
Are you sprouting this just off your opinion?

Look at the ratings for SOO, look how quickly the tickets sell out.
SOO is also shown LIVE in a number of countries, including the USA.

Yes, just yes:roll:

Just because you think it so does not mean it is.
I can look outside my backyard but the fact of the matter is SOO is the showcase for the NRL.
I want the game to grow as much as the next person but I f**king hate when ppl sprout their opinion as fact for anything and that's what you're doing right here, as are others.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
This thread is funny. ANTiLAG seems to be stuck on a cycle of:

• "NZ are the world cup holders and therefore better than AUS" {insert photos of a WC victory nearly four years ago with accompanying "u mad bro" statements} - then once it's pointed out how much fail NZ have had lately ->
  • "NZ are better than NSW as they have won more matches than them since 2006"->
  • {insert random Rugby or other sport comparison in an attempt to inflate the relevance of the WC} then back to ->
  • "NZ are the world cup holders and therefore better than AUS" insert photos of a WC victory nearly four years ago with accompanying "u mad bro" statements}
  • Repeat
It's like watching a dog chase it's tail.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
That is what you took from this thread Grimsey? Open your other eye, and have a read of the thread.

Would you prefer the arguments that: Aus ranked number 1, so if NSW win Origin, then City v Country is the pinnacle of Rugby League arguments?

Australia are not even the world champions, so how could their interstate series remotely be the pinnacle?

Even if Australia were world champions, origin would not be the pinnacle.

World Cup is the pinnacle. Always has been, always will be.

RLWC>4N>Origin>CityvCountry

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
But it is extended...

And it is far more rare and precious...

It declares World CHampion, not 4N Champion.

If AUstralia wins the RLWC next year, it still holds that the RLWC is the pinnacle and not origin.

But hey, keep raiding Kiwi primary talent for your Australian stocks... you may win the RLWC next year.

Last edited:
Origin once again proves to be the pinnacle of the game. Amazing game of footy.

Record breaking viewers I hear as well. No wonder so many kiwis out last night had Maroon hats on.

NrlCoach

Juniors
Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg

Latest posts