What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The AFL show how it should be done again......

Spike

First Grade
brook said:
Sportsjock said:
JK said:
but rather for agreeing to take a stand and cop it on the chin like real men.

A big pfft for your distinction rape vs sexual assault - pure pedantry.

As to the above and assuming that the actual names are known to police and club (it is all alleged at this stage) why should they have to take the bad publicity upon themselves?

Well to answer your question ( if common sense cant already answer it yourself ), to firstly show that they are confident they have nothing to concern themselves about, and secondly, so blokes like Steve Price and Hazem El Masri don't have to walk around the streets feeling like criminals.

If a team mate cannot take away that type of smear from those who are definitely not involved, what type of loyal team mates are they to the rest of the team?

If that isnt enough reason to be a stand up loyal man about it, then I have no idea what is...

And as for you believing that I am being pedantic over the meaning of Sexual assualt, as far as I see, there is a major difference between verbally saying something like " hey nice legs babe " ( which in todays world is now viewed as sexual assault if it is at an inappropriate time such as at work ), and belting up a female and forcing her into sexual intercourse ( rape ).

There is a wide spectrum of SEXUAL ASSAULT JK , and I am sorry, but I am not going to let you throw around the graphic word RAPE , when its SEXUAL ASSAULT.

If it comes out that there was raping involved, then by all means, but for now, it could be something extremely minor - in both the Bulldogs and St Kilda cases.

So lets go easy on the graphic use of that word hey?

I dont believe thats being pedantic.

I was under the impression that sexual assult = rape

the other 'lesser' offences come under indecent assult

of course that could be just in nsw not victoria - I'm no lawyer

You're right, when a person is charged for "rape" the technical term used is sexual assault. There is no such charge as rape, it's just a common term which newspapers like to use in headlines to sell more papers, but is not limited to intercourse. Any sexual penetration that is not consented to is charged as sexual assault such as forced oral sex, cunnilingus or any object manipulated by another person. This info is straight out of Section 61H of the NSW Crimes Act. It would be the same in Mexico

Bengal

Juniors
Sportsjock said:
100% agree. The AFL once again showed up Rugby League.

The fact that the Bulldogs cannot name players only raises suspicion to the club and all involved, while the fact St Kilda did reveal names and were completely open, shows that not only are they prepared to remove the cloud of doubt over their uninvolved team mates, they are also extremely confident of their innocence in all this.

What did the Bulldogs do?
* Have a team meating to have a " truth " session aka , getting everyones stories straight.
* Hand deliver statements rather than take normal interviewing processes.
* So far have seen no one held accountable for anything, not even the breaking of the code of conduct.

Its ridiculous, and something that the Bulldogs should be ashamed of, while the St Kilda club ( and also especially the TWO PLAYERS INVOLVED )deserves a massive round of :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I reckon I get the gist of what you're saying here. I agree.
Why it's been nitpicked on is beyond me, but then again, what these last few weeks have taught me is that when someone trots out the 'm' word (moral) you can bet you're in for a pasting!

RB30DETT

Juniors
Even though the players were named by the AFL, they are both still going to play in the 1st round of the competition. No one is being stood down.

JW

Coach
"The AFL show how it should be done again......"

Dam straight they are - "We'll give you 200 grand to keep ya mouth shut" :-$ .

Cheers.

ngunity

Juniors
RB30DETT said:
Even though the players were named by the AFL, they are both still going to play in the 1st round of the competition. No one is being stood down.

Presumably due to their "Strenously denying allegations" the players won't be stood down or punished.... since they didn't do it then why should the club punish them?

dimitri

First Grade
JW said:
"The AFL show how it should be done again......"

Dam straight they are - "We'll give you 200 grand to keep ya mouth shut" :-$ .

Cheers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: