What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Baby Bronco Myth

Thanks f**kwit

probably one of the soft clocks wearing their jumper over their jersey I was rubbing shit into tonight after the game

nice person

oh but we had 7 players out.. guess what

Carney
Gallen
Toupo
Gardner
Fifita

and we represent a suburb of Sydney not south-east-f**king-qld

If you're going to name those players then
Yow yeh
Hala
Hannant
Gillett
Thiaday
Teo
Parker
Hodges
Petero

Then throw in Reed and Hoffman for half the game.

newman

First Grade
Don't know about wraps, certainly received a ton of sympathy though!

This thread is as good as any to congratulate you guys on a great victory. You played perfect Rugby League in the opening 20 and played the game like it was an Origin. Plenty of great performances from your lot and you guys are well and truly on your way onto the finals.

Cheers for the great game of footy (don't think I've been vocal about a game all year :lol:) and hopefully we can do it again in September.

Thanks for your grace in defeat.

If you're going to name those players then
Yow yeh
Hala
Hannant
Gillett
Thiaday
Teo
Parker
Hodges
Petero

Then throw in Reed and Hoffman for half the game.

yeah good for you, still don't give a shit

ill spell it out a bit clearer for you

when the broncos lose players to origin or to injury they are covered off by the cream of the crop, large junior catchment area yeah?

we don't have that privilege, we share a much bigger pie with many more pieces so quality in our depth players isn't comparable

just cop it sweet champ, you lost, and if it wasn't for some questionable decisions once again it would have been an absolute hammering

Feej

First Grade
"The Baby Broncos" is just a media moniker. I highly doubt that the players like being referred to in that way.

That idiot Phil Gould probably coined the phrase. It smacks of a channel nein thing.

fizman

Bench
I'll tell you all what this thread is about -

The "Baby" Broncos were the firm $1.45 favourites in the game last night. They were beaten and yet, are still given the praise and adoration from the media for being valiant in defeat.

Perhaps we could re-write a story that reads - The REAL underdog WINS

The team with the smallest operating budget in the competition has beaten the team with the largest budget - and by 13+ points.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'll tell you all what this thread is about -

The "Baby" Broncos were the firm $1.45 favourites in the game last night. They were beaten and yet, are still given the praise and adoration from the media for being valiant in defeat.

Perhaps we could re-write a story that reads - The REAL underdog WINS

The team with the smallest operating budget in the competition has beaten the team with the largest budget - and by 13+ points.

^accurate

azzah72

Bench
I think the sharks did really well last night but all it did was convince me that the Broncos are the real deal this year!

It was a complete joke that we were @ like 2.50 in the odds but what ever.

Those kids put up a massive effort and I'd hazard a guess that if the rep players were there we may not have been winners.

We really dropped our bundle for about 45 mins there!

In saying that, I am happy that the boys went out there, showed a bit of mongrel, fought hard, and won it, breaking hoodoos and all sorts of stuff.

Graham was awesome and acting like a leader! Especially when Jez was off. Man love for him and Gibbsy!

We are a good side! No doubt about it! Better than we have been in 10 years.

I appreciate what the broncs did last night in their efforts.

But at the End of the day, a win is a win is a win Baby!!!

"The Baby Broncos" is just a media moniker. I highly doubt that the players like being referred to in that way.

That idiot Phil Gould probably coined the phrase. It smacks of a channel nein thing.

Feej i actually think they copied the VFL after they had the Baby Bombers from years gone by.

Fieldsguy

Juniors
The baby broncos term is an each way psychological bet the Brisbane media and fans use for Brisbane. If they win, oh wow, look how good the "Broncos" are performing, we have a great future bla bla bla. If they loose, it is a case of "it was only the baby broncos" they tried really hard etc etc.

Blame is not laid on players or coach for a loss.

If they win they were the broncos, if they lost it was the baby broncos playing that night.

roboshark

Coach
The Broncos have the best youngsters in the game who always shine when given the opportunity, as they did tonight.

Difference was, we were too good & too smart. f**k me dead, you'd think some people would be more happy with a fuvkin loss!
They should do Cardy. Biggest club and whole state to pick from

Latest posts