What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Back 3

The Friz

Juniors
Do we have the least capable back 3 in the top 8-10 teams. I believe we do.
Our fullback and wingers would rank 9th or 10th as a collective unit imo.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Do we have the least capable back 3 in the top 8-10 teams. I believe we do.
Our fullback and wingers would rank 9th or 10th as a collective unit imo.
So why consider us in the top 8-10 teams if your view is we are 9th-10th?

Why tantalise us with the prospect of possibly being as good as 8th?

possm

Coach
Well we need to do something about our back 3. If our reserve grade players are not up to it, then get rid of them all and put a top line back 3 in first grade.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
At the start of the season, basically everyone, including myself said our backline was our weakness.
I just think they’ve been punching above their weight to date.
Anyway, the whole team was off today.
End of story.
Next week will give us a better indication of where our season is.

The Friz

Juniors
I think we lack punch bringing the ball out of our own 20.
And any line break against us is pretty much 4 points with Dufty as the last line.
He's made a couple of saves, but mostly has been ineffective in defence.

Dragsters

First Grade
With flo having made 40 plus tackles last week, I had a feeling all week that Herbert would get a run today.

I would have been the perfect game to try him. At home and all.

But alas, we just have to wait to find out if his promise can deliver in the top grade...

RufusRex

Post Whore
Nighty is close to the worst winger in the entire NRL at the moment .. Nene rolled his ankle … Mann was fair but as a unit it is pus

Life's Good

Coach
I think we lack punch bringing the ball out of our own 20.
And any line break against us is pretty much 4 points with Dufty as the last line.
He's made a couple of saves, but mostly has been ineffective in defence.
I’m ok with Dufty. He isn’t the same body as Dugan for those returns but offers plenty of upside elsewhere. I’m really disappointed with Nene, Lafai, Aitken & Nighty. We have not been getting the ugly yardage off our line from these guys(Mann included). That’s why players like Fergo, Mansour, Cotric are so valuable in that they give the forwards a lift. We’re definitely outgunned in this area, or at least have been since the Storm game. If we’re short on outside backs(Lomax injured,Herbert not ready etc.) then have a bench full of forwards & rotate accordingly so the forwards aren’t gassed(sounds like a post from 2017).

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Wouldn't change Dufty for anyone, I just think he's going to be a superstar. Getting better all the time.

Not sure i'd switch out MacDonald, he's too good a finisher and his runs out of dummy half are highly valued.

Lomax would have been there already if he wasn't injured. Trust me everyone, once that kid makes his debut he's not going anywhere. He'll eventually make a transition into the centres, but for now, he'll do a job for us on the wing. We won't EVER be talking about that left wing spot once he's there.

At the start of the season, basically everyone, including myself said our backline was our weakness.
I just think they’ve been punching above their weight to date.
Anyway, the whole team was off today.
End of story.
Next week will give us a better indication of where our season is.

The last 6 games haven't been a good indication?

Some fortunate wins simply wallpapered the cracks.

Straight Shooter

The Friz

Juniors
Is nobody concerned about the tries we give up with Dufty as the last line. The other top fullbacks (Slater, Tedesco, Boyd, Dugan/Holmes,Sheck etc.) stop them. I like the kid, and encourage the use of local juniors, but his defence is a concern to me.

Dragsters

First Grade
Is nobody concerned about the tries we give up with Dufty as the last line. The other top fullbacks (Slater, Tedesco, Boyd, Dugan/Holmes,Sheck etc.) stop them. I like the kid, and encourage the use of local juniors, but his defence is a concern to me.

To be fair, all those you named are experience players, some of who had significant defensive deficiencies early in their careers...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Wouldn't change Dufty for anyone, I just think he's going to be a superstar. Getting better all the time.

Not sure i'd switch out MacDonald, he's too good a finisher and his runs out of dummy half are highly valued.

Lomax would have been there already if he wasn't injured. Trust me everyone, once that kid makes his debut he's not going anywhere. He'll eventually make a transition into the centres, but for now, he'll do a job for us on the wing. We won't EVER be talking about that left wing spot once he's there.

We must watch differing teams.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Hang on a sec, I thought Dufty was a burgeoning superstar! What has happened to the adulation afforded to him following the recent Parramatta game?

Don’t tell me Dugan is being missed (says the bloke who foewarned about this problem but was shot down in the process many times)?

Yeah, Millward has done a super job with retention.

Keep telling yourself that, folks. It’s a good yarn.

The Friz

Juniors
Hang on a sec, I thought Dufty was a burgeoning superstar! What has happened to the adulation afforded to him following the recent Parramatta game?

Don’t tell me Dugan is being missed (says the bloke who foewarned about this problem but was shot down in the process many times)?

Yeah, Millward has done a super job with retention.

Keep telling yourself that, folks. It’s a good yarn.
Please quote 1 post where I lauded Dufty and applauded the departure of Dugan.

Latest posts