What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big question for Madge?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You guys are kidding yourselves. Who would we recruit if we lost Sam? Honestly what crazy player would come to Souths and be able to do just as well as Sam Burgess does? Trent merrin is an absolute flop this year, taumololo is on 1 mil a season, Gallen and mannering are both near retirement. The only lock that could replace Sam is jack de belin and there's no way he'll come to Souths for anything less than 800k. George and tom Burgess however can be replaced by a significant amount of forwards. They lack motivation which is very common among players who hit their peak early. George has more potential than tom but George hasn't been a force since 2015. Our coach doesnt suck our recruitment needs to pull their heads in though. There probably does need to be a mini clean out not because our players are bad individually like some people say but because they're made out of glass. 1 or two injuries and we lose the game. Our depth needs some serious attention because even our NSW cup side is struggling for direction. Our salary cap is an absolute mess and the over reliance on our stars has become a massive issue for us. I don't think we should clear out our whole roster but it is definitely time for the Burgess twins to move on and free up 1 million dollars worth of cap space. We need to move on the older players as well. Its time to fix the younger grades and help Souths actually develop.

Travitoh

First Grade
I thought that we appeared to play a lot more positively tonight and rolled better in attack than we have majority of the season

CAFPOW

Juniors
Agreed. A bit less conservative too.

There was no self preservation tonight from all our players. We gained ground with ease, like in George's first hit up, there were 4 Boncos all over him and they still couldn't put him down the ground.

CAFPOW

Juniors
The big questions for Madge for next week is, does he revert back to the "structured" football next week against the Seagulls? or does he just... let the team go and do what they do best which is play footy? also, will he drop Talakai or persevere with him and allow him to play touch footy on game day?

Rabbits20

Immortal
We could have been 4 and 4.

That could cost us our season.

Like Madge said it can stuff up a season!!!!!!!

Travitoh

First Grade
The big questions for Madge for next week is, does he revert back to the "structured" football next week against the Seagulls? or does he just... let the team go and do what they do best which is play footy? also, will he drop Talakai or persevere with him and allow him to play touch footy on game day?

Is Gray back next week? That could be what decides Talakai's spot imo.
Apart from AR coming in if fit, i wouldn't expect any forced changes to our 17

CAFPOW

Juniors
Is Gray back next week? That could be what decides Talakai's spot imo.
Apart from AR coming in if fit, i wouldn't expect any forced changes to our 17

I don't know if Gray is back next week but Reynolds should be back unless a Mozzie tackles him and do more damage to his hip.