What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Book of Boba Fett

shiznit

Coach
Watched the first episode… I enjoyed it…

although I find it difficult to take Tem in this role seriously… he bloody reminds me of my old man…

it’s f**king scary how much the old man sounds like Tem… so much so that during season 2 of Mando last year the Mrs who was in our room watching TV came out to the lounge because she thought she could hear my dad in the lounge so assumed my parents randomly turned up… 😂😂

Greenfields

Juniors
Thought it was a pretty solid start. Obviously just showing Boba’s journey from the end of ROTJ and a bit of setup for the rest of the series. Looking for to more.

Zoidberg

First Grade
My main gripe with Disney + is having episodes released weekly instead of all at once (though I understand the reason).
1st episode set good ground work and I can’t wait for the rest of the episodes, but we have to.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Chapter 2. Really great episode. I’d like the “ present day” story to progress a bit more but the flashbacks are so damn fun to watch.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I’m really enjoying the show, it’s good fun and great nostalgia…my only gripe with it and it’s what I was most worried about, is that it just feels to me that I am watching The Mandalorian

Yes I know it’s a ‘spin-off’ of Mandalorian but I would hope it had a different vibe to it.

Boba Fett and Din Djarin are such very similar characters i.e. the strong silent types I was worried it will feel too same-same and so far that seems the case.

Anyways still interested to see how it progresses.

bileduct

Coach
Wait... so Boba hired the Power Rangers?

Was it just me or did that episode really test the budget for the CGI department? The action scenes came off as hastily done.

Yeah it was pretty clunky.

I really want to enjoy this show but its just lacking right now

I mean, in the Mandalorian Fett was a badass. He took out a whole storm trooper platoon by himself with ease. In this show he seems to have totally lost his edge and we are to believe hes a big softy now? Doesnt gel at all tbh

Lemon Squash

First Grade
The cyborg emo teenage biker gang…

Face Palm GIF

Zoidberg

First Grade
I knew this episode was directed by Robert Rodriguez before the credits rolled because that bike chase had such a Spy Kids feel about it, and that’s not a good thing. It was really cheesy and felt fake.

Matua

Bench
Dave Filoni's hands are heavily over this show (and he's apparently everything good about Star Wars according to Youtube videos) and that scooter gang are very prequels in colour scheme (and bad CGI). Filoni is the biggest fluffer of the prequels on the planet.

On the ep itself, don't have an issue with Fett getting the shit beaten out of him when dragged out of his rejuvenation chamber, as it appears it was mid cycle and he was fighting a wookie.

The scooter chase was the worst effects in Star Wars since the prequels.

I'm kind of interested to see what happens with the fish gang.

Matua

Bench
That was a good episode of Mando but not sure why it was in the middle of a season of Boba.

I did find it funny how they talked about being a community of Mandalorians in the long exposition scenes around the forging, and then 2 of them tried to kill each other.

Timbo

Staff member
I am baffled as to why that was an episode of 'The Book of Boba Fett'. It was a good episode of The Mandalorian (maybe the scene at the mechanic could have been 95% shorter) but yeah. Bit of an odd call.

Also says something about how plodding the show has been that it's the episode I've enjoyed the most.

Latest posts