What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The bottle incident could have been avoided

Canard

Immortal
If the crowd acting up and players abusing referees really did any damage to a sporting code, soccer would have died 50 years ago...

Soccer, in Australia, has suffered black eye after black eye with respect to crowd behavior. It's probably their single defining characteristic.

Regardless we don't want to end up a code with mindless thugs in the crowd ala Wanderers etc

BuffaloRules

Coach
Soccer, in Australia, has suffered black eye after black eye with respect to crowd behavior. It's probably their single defining characteristic.

Regardless we don't want to end up a code with mindless thugs in the crowd ala Wanderers etc

It's a beat up mate...

Half a dozen people out of 40,000 throwing a bottle...

I remember the throwing cans incident at the Origin game in the 80's at Lang park was much more prolonged, but every year Channel 9 replays it as a famous Origin memory and the commentators crack jokes about it...

drago brelli

Bench
Put Tony Abbott on the gates, turn around any supporter who looks like he'd throw a bottle

Firstly he would produce a green paper followed by a white paper into the possible incident. Following that he would only go after the Labor voting people who looked like they were going to throw a bottle.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Get upset at a game, boo the ref off.

To instead throw bottles or king hit opposition supporters, says plenty about some Dogs supporters.
This is not the first time.

Embarrassing for the game.

Agree, we have all felt ripped off at one stage. No doubt some of us have felt like throwing stuff. The thing is, you just don't do it. It is as simple as that. I hope these fans are not only banned for life but criminal charges are also brought against them.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Stuff all. Name calling is just name calling to me. Nobody was deprived of employment, healthcare, education etc. Ive never seen a bottle thrown though.

I havent heard it because at the games I go to, you would be very likely insulting someone nearby that would no doubt be taking some offence..

Must be different where you go to games..

Usain Bolt

Bench
The amount of Dogs fans on Twitter saying they're switching to AFL makes me question how big a fan they really were?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yawn.

Shit happens from every fan base. Not long ago a souths fan exposed himself on television. We had a queenslander urinating om a seat.

In short. ..way to many feral people in our society.

Thank you linesmen, thank you ballboys.

That sums it up. We have a societal issue of people thinking that sort of behaviour is acceptable. It's not.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Haven't heard any racial abuse yelled out at an NRL game in 20 years...

Certainly no incidents reported in the media unlike the AFL fleas...

You must watch on TV because it happens at *every* game.

Latest posts