What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
The punisher season 1 on Netflix trailer.

It says 2017 but hasn't given an actual date... considering it's nearly October I kinda don't get what Netflix are doing with it...

I wonder if they are just gonna drop it randomly without any notice...

shiznit

Coach
Hearing interesting things about Ragnarok...

Taika has certainly stamped his mark on it.... it sounds like it’s a really quirky comedy/action flick....

The word coming out so far is it could be one of Marvels best ever...

shiznit

Coach
How is this not in here yet?

The hype is real. Love what Dc are doing with this one.

It looks good... I think I’ve been burnt too many times by WB’s so I’ve tried to keep expectations down going in to it...

I’ll tell you this much... after watching Wonder Woman ive been looking forward to this ALOT more than I had been.

WW was pretty f**king awesome IMO...

PJ

First Grade
Hearing interesting things about Ragnarok...

Taika has certainly stamped his mark on it.... it sounds like it’s a really quirky comedy/action flick....

The word coming out so far is it could be one of Marvels best ever...

Not the word I read over at Darkhorizons.

"Early social media reactions for Marvel films from the junket crowd are always strong, and yet here there’s an interesting and unexpected division this time. The good news is everyone seemed to like the film, but the caveat is several reviewers aren’t fully enamoured with it."

Some said best Thor movie (not hard imo) and funniest non Gaurdians but that was about it.

shiznit

Coach
Not the word I read over at Darkhorizons.

"Early social media reactions for Marvel films from the junket crowd are always strong, and yet here there’s an interesting and unexpected division this time. The good news is everyone seemed to like the film, but the caveat is several reviewers aren’t fully enamoured with it."

Some said best Thor movie (not hard imo) and funniest non Gaurdians but that was about it.

I went off what was blowing up my twitter feed...

shiznit

Coach
Here’s an early reaction video Colider did about Ragnarok... obviously it’s embargoed still so no plot details are given... but it sounds positive...

It sounds like it’s going to be very funny... so if you liked Hunt for the Wilderpeople it will be down your alley...

If your into a dark serious superhero movie this might not be your thing...

I think the premier starts today in Australia somewhere too...

This film is pretty much Aussie/Kiwi made I think.... I’ve heard the local film industry down under really came up big in this movie.

shiznit

Coach
Lmfao.... so apparently people got about 15mins of the film as Mark Ruffalo ‘accidentally’ left his phone on in the premier which was running instagram live or something....

Frederick

Staff member
Ruffalo likes to share things that aren’t supposed to be shared. I saw a video he recently did that seemed to be of a huge photo shoot involving all the major players from MCU (including Samuel L saying “what the f**k are you doing??) haha

shiznit

Coach
So some dude on Twitter who’s seen Thor came up with a specific way to know if this film will be your kind of thing....

If you enjoyed the eulogy scene on Hunt for the Wilderpeople... you’ll love this film...

If you hated it.... then chances are you won’t like Ragnarok...

Thankfully that was my favourite scene in that film...

Jesus, yeah Jesus.... :joy::joy:

Last edited:

elyod138

Bench
So some dude on Twitter who’s seen Thor came up with a specific way to know if this film will be your kind of thing....

If you enjoyed the eulogy scene on Hunt for the Wilderpeople... you’ll love this film...

I loved that scene too, can't wait for Thor.

Caped Crusader

Juniors

Most reviews I've read have pretty much said if you love What We Do in the Shadows or a Hunt for the Wilder people then you'll love Thor Ragnarok

shiznit

Coach
Yeah I can get that... that’s fair enough...

I just love movies TBH... unless it’s absolute trash I’ll spend my hard earned on it at the cinemas as it’s always a fun way to spend an afternoon/evening.

But I’m looking forward to this one... I find BP an interesting character... I’m not familiar with the comics but the whole backstory of Wakanda interests me... and the cast looks really good.

Coogler is a pretty good director... Creed was good.

I have heard a lot of feedback that people don’t like the fact it’s predominantly a black film and it’s seen as marvel trying to be PC making this film...

But putting that aside I think it looks good...

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah I can get that... that’s fair enough...

I just love movies TBH... unless it’s absolute trash I’ll spend my hard earned on it at the cinemas as it’s always a fun way to spend an afternoon/evening.

But I’m looking forward to this one... I find BP an interesting character... I’m not familiar with the comics but the whole backstory of Wakanda interests me... and the cast looks really good.

Coogler is a pretty good director... Creed was good.

I have heard a lot of feedback that people don’t like the fact it’s predominantly a black film and it’s seen as marvel trying to be PC making this film...

But putting that aside I think it looks good...
I’m looking forward to BP. I haven’t seen anything Coogler has done but have heard great things about his work, and BP has a stellar cast. Also once it’s released it’s only mere months until Infinity War and seriously, that movie...I...I can’t even...I’m getting hard just thinking about it.

Also booked my tickets to opening night of Thor next Wednesday. Super mad keen to see that too.

Parra Pride

Coach
I'm keen for Black Panther but it's jammed between Thor, which leads directly into Infinity War, Justice League and then Infinity war itself. Easy to see why it may be under the radar a bit.

azzah72

Bench
Saw Thor yesterday in a preview screening.

I was a bit disappointed.

Better than the other Thor movies, which isn't hard, not as good as the better Marvel movies (gotg, avengers, civil war) kind of in the same realm as gotg2 and Ant man for me. Perfectly fine, just not amazing.

Hulk is pretty good in it, always happy to see hulk.