What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

HowHigh

Coach
I'll watch it of course, but agree that it seems a bit soon.
Don't really see the point of making it, looks alright tho.

nqcowboy87

Bench
meh the only reason people bag the raimi spidermans is because of spiderman 3, im more concerned with the rise of the planet of the apes, it completely destroys the whole plot of planet of the apes

Last edited:

Zigwaa

Bench
Too soon, 10 years from the first of the remakes and spiderman 3 was 5 or so years ago.

LESStar58

Referee
Spiderman 3 was just poor IMO especially with the whole "black suit" storyline. The parts where Peter turns in to an arsehole are just laughable.

I thought it was a sequel but this one is obviously a reboot. Not a fan of Emma Stone with blonde hair btw ;)

Spiderman 3 was just poor IMO especially with the whole "black suit" storyline. The parts where Peter turns in to an arsehole are just laughable.

I thought it was a sequel but this one is obviously a reboot. Not a fan of Emma Stone with blonde hair btw ;)

They were all poor.

Nolan changed the game but man Spiderman is something that needs to just die.

Generalzod

Immortal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XayxMPrUP4

Thoughts?

Personally, I think its too soon from the last ones and doesn't look that great. Good to see though it looks like its going to be more faithful to the comics and Tobey Maguire isn't in it.

Kinda looks like its trying to take a Batman Begins style.

Hollywood has lost the plot another remake of Spiderman...So soon after Maguire's potrayal of Spiderman...

Generalzod

Immortal
I'll loved Superman Returns it was very spiritual film, a bit sad that Brandon Routh was given the flick.

Kneel before ZOD

Raimi's Spider-Man movies get worse every time I see them.

I actually liked them when they first came out (well, the first two anyway) but watching them now makes me happy they're choosing to remake it.

It does seem a little too soon though, but as long as it's good I'll be happy.

Big Pete

Referee
http://www.slashfilm.com/15-learned-the-amazing-spiderman-panel/

Garfield appeared at Comic-Con and did a Q/A on the latest film. The link reveals who the villain will be.

As much as I enjoyed Spiderman growing up I'm so over super hero movies to the point where even the idea of Webb (500 Days of Summer) and Garfield's (Social Network) involvement hasn't made me feel too excited.

TT - Agreed on Raimi. Ever since Nolan entered the fray Raimi's films are made to look even more cheesier than they were. I still find them all to be fun films, but nothing worth celebrating.

Cupid Stunt

superman-cavill.jpg

Is it just me or should this guy sparkle in the sun & be chased by copius amounts of 12 year old girls & their 40 year old mothers? He is as much Superman as I am Minnie Mouse.

Danish

Referee
Superman should not have a widows peak, nor a jewfro.

I swear despite how awesome Batman Begins and Dark Knight were, I'm starting to wonder if they were worth the absolute tsunami of "edgy" comic reboot abortions that we are being hit with now

Latest posts