What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Corey Norman scandal thread

Lambretta

First Grade
geez a conviction is tough for a couple of pills, they should appeal the shit out of that.

It's incredibly tough - most Police would never have even bothered taking that shit to court. Utter waste of time and money. But he is someone who is known in the community and they probably feared a media circus if no charges were brought. Either that, or they just enjoy f**king people over for nothing the troll merkin Pigs

Perth Red

Post Whore
you do know it isn't the police who decide if a prosecution is warranted don't you? I guess if you get caught red handed committing a crime we should go to the LU board to decide if the crime is worth a court appearance? Sounds like a good system.

T-Boon

Coach
you do know it isn't the police who decide if a prosecution is warranted don't you? I guess if you get caught red handed committing a crime we should go to the LU board to decide if the crime is worth a court appearance? Sounds like a good system.

why not? we are the people. Most police officers dabble in a little drugs. Its all good.

Rugby League will be the winner

Last Week

Bench
It's incredibly tough - most Police would never have even bothered taking that shit to court. Utter waste of time and money. But he is someone who is known in the community and they probably feared a media circus if no charges were brought. Either that, or they just enjoy f**king people over for nothing the troll merkin Pigs

Uh huh. And how would it have played out the media if he wasn't charged for it?

Cops are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Charge him - trying to make a name for themselves. Don't charge - Corey got off because he's a footy player.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Mitchell Pearce got 8 weeks for having a video of him being drunk leaked. Norman just got a conviction recorded for drug possession... You'd think season over on precedent.
Pearce was not solely drunk. A harsher interpretation of the video could be he abused a dog and sexually harassed a woman. Either one of which is worse than a pill.

POPEYE

Coach
Let's all say a prayer for Corey . . . if not for him for Parra . . . I'm going to light a candle

Lambretta

First Grade

But, but the Police attending could have just confiscated the stuff and sent him on his way
They have to make a report in the first place

Lambretta

First Grade
Pearce was not solely drunk. A harsher interpretation of the video could be he abused a dog and sexually harassed a woman. Either one of which is worse than a pill.

Pretending to wiggle your hips at a dog is not abuse - unless the dog is say the Worlds biggest Elvis fan and get's uber upset at anyone else doing hip wiggling

Drunkenly trying to get a kiss from someone who then tells you (quite rightly) to f**k off - and complying, whilst it is sexual harassment, its fairly low grade.

The 8 match ban was harsh, but it did wake him up. Mitchell has made efforts to turn things round. I only hope Corey does the same.

Sphagnum

Coach
Pretending to wiggle your hips at a dog is not abuse - unless the dog is say the Worlds biggest Elvis fan and get's uber upset at anyone else doing hip wiggling

Drunkenly trying to get a kiss from someone who then tells you (quite rightly) to f**k off - and complying, whilst it is sexual harassment, its fairly low grade.

The 8 match ban was harsh, but it did wake him up. Mitchell has made efforts to turn things round. I only hope Corey does the same.
I'm sure he will, like most of the blokes who get caught up in these shitstorms have.

Perth Red

Post Whore
But, but the Police attending could have just confiscated the stuff and sent him on his way
They have to make a report in the first place

The days of discretionary policing disappeared when they all started wearing cameras on their heads.

T-Boon

Coach
Whilst I accept some police officers use illicit substances, to say that 'most' police do, is utter bullshit.

I would say every police officer has used illegal drugs at some point. At least in their early years.