What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Covell Awards

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Wayne Bartrim in his Gold Coast days.. shanked a penalty kick and the ball hit Mark Geyer in the head.

That wasn't by accident....

"I'm not getting picked for the blues because I'm in townsville" packs his bags for sydney. Luke o'donnell comes up north to replace and walks into the blues and test team

Morrison was always chasing success, yet dragged failure with him every step of the way.

Fangs

Coach
Got the year wrong, it was 2005 - Round 9 v Canberra at Penrith Stadium.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2005/round-9/penrith-vs-canberra/summary.html

Campbell was not playing, hence Wesser and Waterhouse with the duties.

Ahhh the good old days.

If Wes kicks 4/4 we take it to Golden Point. Must have been a tough night for kickers though. Not even the irrepressible Matt Gafa could manage more than 50%.

Shane Rodney was a more than handy goal-kicker. Should have played 80mins over Swain that night.

Fangs

Coach
Christ these Luke Covell tribute videos make him look as good as Bumper Farrell.

Tiger5150

Bench
"I'm not getting picked for the blues because I'm in townsville" packs his bags for sydney. Luke o'donnell comes up north to replace and walks into the blues and test team

"Im leaving The Tigers because they are losers and will not survive"....signs with Norths in their last season.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
as much as I loved morro when he was up in tvlle looking back he stood out in a pack that often punched above it's weight and wouldn't have looked as outstanding in our current forward pack. Always busted his ass and did a lot of great things but was basically our version of alan tongue in terms of out right ability and rep selections lol.