What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dance

Billythekid

First Grade
The marketing has been great, they might have gone a bit over the top with this initiative...

Yeah this particular initiative might be lame but overall they have done a fantastic job. It feels weird to see RL being advertised so heavily. Hopefully if the WC comes back to Aus (and possibly NZ) next time we put in a similar effort. If this WC actually turns out as succesful as it's looking that should be a huge wake up call to it's potential here.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
The dance is a bit lame.

But so is Gangnam Style, the Macarena etc. They are fads which take off in a remarkably short period and gain massive exposure for being fun and a little silly. Perfect IMO if you are trying to promote something that will be over in a month or so.

Can't say the marketing people are sitting on their hands at this WC.

I actually think that there has been more coverage in Aust than in the 2008 WC. Which is a bit weird. Its certainly been more positive.

Paullyboy

Coach
It's good to hear that it's being pushed heavily in Australia. I've been living in Leeds for the last year and I must say they've tried to push it with signs on buses and street signage in Leeds City Centre - but I think they've made all of their adverts far too cluttered and most people wouldn't realise what it is they are looking at.

Unfortunately the newspapers in Leeds (arguably the strongest rugby league city in the UK) still would rather focus on a second division soccer team than the World Cup though. I'd hate to see how little exposure it's getting down in London.