What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.6%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
nah, that'd mean he's a f**king great coach

next silly question
You started it. As if win rate at a club like the Titans tells you anything about coaching ability. Hasler has won two premierships as a coach at Manly. Now he's 1 from 6 at a club that makes the finals about once a decade.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
One thing I reckon about coaches especially those who are under Bellamy and we saw it with Kearney.

The moment you lose a few in a row they actually have NFI how to handle those situations because in Kearney's case.

He only ever worked under Bellamy before joining Parra. Once shit hit the fan he didn't have a clue how to handle it because he hadn't encountered before.

Has Ryles done any coaching other then assisting at strong clubs.

I personally reckon he should have gone to the SL for 2 years to coach and actually be the main man in charge. It's easier said then done I suppose with family and moving over.

But I would trust signing a coach more that has gone to the SL for 2 or 3 years and ran the show as the main man then just being an assistant here 10-15 years.
Excellent perspective … no doubt you learn much more about yourself and how to respond when things are going bad

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
In my armchair expert opinion
1. Bennett
2. Holbrook
3. Anyone else including Ryles et al

im sure I’ve not thought about many other viable options … let’s hope the eels football brains trust are better prepared

emjaycee

Coach
yes, because he is some one new with new ideas and some one like that I think is worth taking the chance on

if Hollbrok was any good he wouldn't have been sacked, 37% wins in the NRL says no to me

btw, I don't necessarily want Ryles, but some one of that nature who has potential and who hasn't been tried and failed. I'm not sure if Ryles will be the answer, but it was posted here that we may be interrested in Madge and the fact that the Tigers sacked him is a no from me, that woud be like when we signed Hagen, sure he had NRL coaching experience but he didn't improve us one bit.

We need to be smart with our next move for a coach, biggest decision we've had to make for some time and not a decision for bean counters to be making.
Who should be making it?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Remember the inspirational quote from BA at pre season training camp:

‘We’ve done these kind of things before and it hasn’t worked but we need it to work this time’

Going well.
Maybe Bea just needs to steal another bag or the team needs to move a bigger rope??

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who should be making it?

As I've mentioned, we need some one who can identify talent, from coach, staff , juniors and senior players and I have no idea who that is, wish I did.

I've seen it work before and some one with that sort of talent identification can be a huge assett to any club or sporting organisation.

Delboy

First Grade
As I've mentioned, we need some one who can identify talent, from coach, staff , juniors and senior players and I have no idea who that is, wish I did.

I've seen it work before and some one with that sort of talent identification can be a huge assett to any club or sporting organisation.
A good start would be Matt Cameron , the above average ones are at clubs and we would need to offer plenty to get any one of them.

There is a big issue the club needs to understand, for instance my family, friends with season tickets have all expressed they are over football and particularly the way we play. We need a kick start and appointments to invigorate the fan base, currently it is as low and apathetic as our really bad seasons in the 90s. The board may be professional etc but to sit back and allow things to continue on its current path doesn’t make business sense.

hindy111

Post Whore

Me. I'm a great spotter of talent.

Avenger

Immortal
Yet you are still happy to give BA until round 12 before you decide whether to sack him?
He said this because he genuinely believed before the season that we would be a top 4 side. Nobody could have predicted the Moses injury which obviously became a bigger mental obstacle to our players than what we thought. This next man up horseshit didn’t work. Moses injured showed that not only is he our best player but we resigned him for a steal.