What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Devil Looks After His Own

Rexxy

Coach
There's no doubt in my mind Noad is guilty of soft peddling on this issue. Recreational makes it all sound OK.

This is pure spin from a master media manipulator, not the harsh talk of someone charged with cleaning outa pigstye. And Skeepe, has Biscuits mailed you his resume yet? :lol:

"I was informed by Deputy Commissioner Madden that there was no indication that any player was dealing in drugs and that the alleged drug referred to in last night's media reports was a recreational one," Noad said.

ibeme

First Grade
Rex, it seems like you hope that Noad will stuff up so you can justify your hate for all things that you associate with Superleague.

Shifty

Juniors
Maybe it was harmless fun, a touch of mischief. But it seemed so aggressive. As new chief executive Malcolm Noad strode to the centre of the Belmore ground, where he would talk to the players about group responsibility and his resolve to clean up the club's image, winger Matthew Utai booted a football through the thick of the media pack. It slammed with a bang into the fence. Welcome to Belmore.

According to other articles the ball didn't go through or even near the media pack.

How do we know that Utai intentionally kicked the ball at them? If he did purposefully kick a ball in their general direction then he's not helping the situation, but the journalist has done more to harm his own reputation than that of Utai with the way he has reported it.

Rexxy

Coach
Not at all. i want him to succeed and I'm critical because i dont think he's going about it the right way. For a start he simply isn't making the right sort of noises required. Why distinguish and say "recreational drugs" unless you are trying to make excuses, as if saying "its not really that bad".

Im prepared to say Time Will Tell.

But I fear he's just another wallpaperer.

Hope you're right and I'm wrong. I'd happily live with that

Rexxy

Coach
"How do we know that Utai intentionally kicked the ball at them?"

G'day Shifty. It sounds like it could be true, specially after the "Pull our dicks out and come over them" line attributed to a Dogs player in reference to the media.

And do you think news Limited will publish anything bad about a club run by the ex head of News?

Shifty

Juniors
G'day Rex.

The line you mentioned is one of the best, or should that be worst, examples of media propaganda aimed at making their stories sound creditable, sounds like it works too. That came from the same journalist who reported on the poor behaviour of players at nightspots in Coffs Harbour, the same one who was told by all witnesses that came forward that they believed her account to be false.

Forget about all that, what matters is that if any player acts, or has acted, inappopriately that the club takes appropriate action to discipline, including dismissal if necessary, the player involved and that the club is open about what has happened.

Noad at no stage played down the fact that it was a allegedly a recreational drug, he was highlighting the police stance on the issue and he stated quite clearly that no offence would be considered minor in his view simply because it was a recreational drug. He went to the trouble of specifically saying that.

There is every indication that Noad will do a very good job at ensuring the club moves forward in the right manner and that appropriate action is taken to rectify the mistakes of the past.

ibeme

First Grade
I find it interesting that the journos had no problems identifying and naming Utai as the ball kicker in this instance. It's a pity they wouldn't do the same for the 'pull our dicks out' comment. How are we to perceive this?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Rex said:
There's no doubt in my mind Noad is guilty of soft peddling on this issue. Recreational makes it all sound OK.

"I was informed by Deputy Commissioner Madden that there was no indication that any player was dealing in drugs and that the alleged drug referred to in last night's media reports was a recreational one," Noad said.

As opposed to how I view that statement which clarifys the difference between a performance enhancing drug which obviously would have different ramifactions if a player was found to be using them.

Really, stop trying to scrap the bottom of the barrel to discredit Malcom Noad. He's been in the job only hours, started early to address this issue, as seems very commited to the job. It is most probaly one of the hardest jobs in rugby league at the moment, at least give him a few months to get a track record behind him.

skeepe

Immortal
Rex said:
And do you think news Limited will publish anything bad about a club run by the ex head of News?

That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard anyone say in the history of saying things. The Daily Telegraph have been at the forefront of bad press for the Bulldogs, and it has been no different with this.

I also would like to point out to you the same article I referred to earlier, to show you that a simple amount of research works wonders when trying to prove a point

--------------------------------------
Any problems from now on would be dealt with openly and honestly. He also wants it known at the club that the media is to be respected and not treated like the enemy.

The only problem is, he's got to convince the players and yesterday, before Noad had even made it to the middle of the circle, Kiwi winger Matt Utai made his feelings known about the media presence.

As journalists, photographers and cameramen left the field to give Noad privacy to address his troops, Utai lined up a punt kick and booted a ball high and hard in their direction.

-----------------------------------------

Sounds to me like a News Limited paper, The Australian, reported something bad about a club run by the ex head of News.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
ibeme said:
I find it interesting that the journos had no problems identifying and naming Utai as the ball kicker in this instance. It's a pity they wouldn't do the same for the 'pull our dicks out' comment. How are we to perceive this?

That this journalist likes to be creative *cough* liar journo *cough*

Rexxy

Coach
ibeme said:
How are we to perceive this?

1. That nothing has changed, no lesson has been learned?
2. The players still are undisciplined and a law to themselves?
3. No-one has been able to impress apon the players the sort of serious trouble they are in?
4. That league is the loser?
5. Players do what they like at canterbury?
6. News Ltd papers have been called off?
7. The players are unrepentant and its still Us vs Them?

Purely an outsiders viewpoint.

ibeme

First Grade
Rex said:
ibeme said:
How are we to perceive this?

1. That nothing has changed, no lesson has been learned?
2. The players still are undisciplined and a law to themselves?
3. No-one has been able to impress apon the players the sort of serious trouble they are in?
4. That league is the loser?
5. Players do what they like at canterbury?
6. News Ltd papers have been called off?
7. The players are unrepentant and its still Us vs Them?

Purely an outsiders viewpoint.

While most of these comments are credible, they're not answering the actual question I asked.

I want to know why the journos named Utai, but wouldn't name the player who made the crude comment?

Rexxy

Coach
skeepe said:
Rex said:

That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard anyone say in the history of saying things. The Daily Telegraph have been at the forefront of bad press for the Bulldogs, and it has been no different with this.

I also would like to point out to you the same article I referred to earlier, to show you that a simple amount of research works wonders when trying to prove a point

----------------------

Pre Noad it was a good way of boosting circulation. Post Noad a critical article in the tele will have your cards marked in Holt Street.

It was Shifty who said it didnt make the other papers. Full marks to the Oz for running with the story. I apologise.

As for the claim the journo was a cough liar, who made up the "Dicks Out" story, keep up the self denial.

Shifty

Juniors
Rex said
It was Shifty who said it didnt make the other papers. Full marks to the Oz for running with the story. I apologise.

No I said it was reported in other articles, but not with the perspective the article you quoted contained.

Rexxy

Coach

My apologies Shifty. I find it hard to spend too much time rading your posst as the eye surgery makes me a tad uncomfortable. LOL

Shifty

Juniors
lol...Maybe it's the sort of treatment that the players should be subjected to if any of the allegations are proven correct.

It's a sure cure for Ultraviolence.

JK

I think you are reading 'conspiracy' into to many things Rex.

News have shown no restraint in their articles...

Latest posts