What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The elephant in the salary cap room.

M2D2

Bench
The point i am making is that Radradra is best winger in the game, and what is he worth for a team to pay for a winger, and that is what Holmes is and we are paying him way to much for winger, if some club reckons he can still play fullback and offer close to what he is on, i think we move him on
Hes not in the game. And he wont be coming back for 500k because guess what, hes worth more than 500k. Because once again, this isnt 2011.
And my point is that the idea is "we are paying him too much for a winger" is an idea that can get in the bin.
May i remind you people again, we are that far under the cap that we may get pinged for it and your idea is to get rid of a player becauses hes on too much money.
There is no point in saying only 1/6/7 deserve all the money and the rest can take the scraps, because then if we dont get the world class halves (which we dont have) we have no chance at glory.
Why some of you want go backwards to a shit backline when we had all our money in noddy, barrett and the like and had no strength in our backs filled with colin best and pomeroys and didnt win shit.

Holmes at FB is worth a free hot dog as he stinks there. But i have no problem with his pay packet if he plays wing and plays like he did 2015-2016 because his tries will win us matches.
Having Duges and Holmes on an edge will give teams nightmares.

chewsta

First Grade
I agree and mentioned in another thread, Lewis, Duges and Holmes (on the wing) on one side of the field in attack, with Moyza or whoever chiming in from fullback is mouthwatering!

shaggs

Coach
Why can’t Moylan play like a fullback in attack anyway??
Chad can be first receiver either side of the ruck. Moylan and Dugan can be the second receiver either side as well.

And if Holmes wants to sniff around the middle of the field when the ball goes left, he can do that too.
The fast elusive guys should be able to run anywhere.

Rapana is brain damaged and mental, but he is always around the ball.

Card Shark

Immortal
i have no problem with his pay packet if he plays wing and plays like he did 2015-2016 because his tries will win us matches.

Agree. He’s a match winner given half a chance.

Thing is we need to give him that half a chance & that comes from inside...don’t know we have that creativity atm.

Hopefully comes though.