What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The evolution of rock

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Christmas Ape said:
Off the top of my head..

1. John Bonham
2. Ringo Starr
3. Phil Rudd
4. Steve Gadd
5. Benny Benjamin
6. Vinnie Colaiuta
7. Stevie Wonder
8. Al Jackson Jr.
9. Chester Thompson
10. Richard Allen
11. Joseph Modeliste

some talented people sure, but ever seen Ginger Baker, Budy Rich, Gene Krupa

Ringo and Stevie Wonder on that list made me laugh

try searhing for Gene Krupa on Youtube, there are plenty to choose from

unfortunately some are poor quality and from the 1940s, but he was the best I've ever heard

amazing how he could gets such sounds from a 3 piece drumkit

carcharias

Immortal
Twizzle said:
maybe to the untrained ear

I was a drummer for about 6 years before pickung up guitar at 17.

I heard Phil Collins play Rock and Roll (the song) live with Led Zep after Bonzo died, and it was almost like another cover band were playing it

sounded nothing like the original

Phil Collins sucks arse ...have you ever heard his work.
How many songs did Bonham write for Led Zep?

quite alot, ever heard Dream Theatre, the drummer writes every note for every instrument, but chooses to play the drums rather than guitar

umm.....,Dave Groll, Joey Jordison Slipknot Drummer and guitarist for Murder Dolls

I could go on

Yes I have actually ...where were you on Wednesday?
Dave Grohl wrote no songs for Nirvana when he was drumming...now he plays guitar and is a special case anyway.

which shows how easy the Beatles stuff was to play

Um you obviously missed the point on that one scoop.

I totally disagree

More like you can't read...or can't understand .

No matter what...the actual drum beats did not make the music.
Sure some songs were written around drdum beats but not on a whole.

Christmas Ape

Juniors
Twizzle said:
with one hand or two ?

you can't be serious

Go on then, back that statement up.

I'll do the same deal for you as I did for Ron Jeremy and Little Wing (still waiting, Ron).
Post a YouTube clip of you playing a Beatles track, note for note, and if I and my panel of judges deem it worthy, I'll buy you a carton.

carcharias

Immortal
Christmas Ape said:

I'll do the same deal for you as I did for Ron Jeremy and Little Wing (still waiting, Ron).
Post a YouTube clip of you playing a Beatles track, note for note, and if I and my panel of judges deem it worthy, I'll buy you a carton.

Can I get in on this?

HevyDevy

Coach
Hmmm, Ringo Starr or Vinnie Colauita - wow that's a tough one.

How about rather than Ringo, which plenty of us could play - we see if anyone can play Sting's Seven Days (admittedly I'm a very sh*t drummer, but even if I was good that's a tough one).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
carcharias said:
read the rest of what I wrote......even Dev who is a drummer agrees.

I have a sh*t hot drummer in my band now.

I will play him a song once and he will remember all the stops etc 3 weeks later.

Bonham was a god.
So was Keith Moon.

Charlie Watts get kudos from a lot of great drummers so I will take their word for it.
Dave Grohl played with a lot of passion...the foo fighters drummer goes good I reckon.

Copeland however is better than most.
Good to see someone finally mention Keith Moon, saw a special on the Who's Who's next album. They played Won't get fooled again with just Moon and Daltrey's voice. he said they could have realeased like that without lead or bass and it still sounded brilliant.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Christmas Ape said:

:lol: :lol:

I haven't played for 8 months and believe me i'm not going to come back from retirement just to play a beatles song;-)

I dont have to prove myself, if you dont believe me that's sweet, but it dont bother me, nothing does;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
does drummers are as good as the kids down the street, f**king woeful.

lol at the tools

'feeling' bahahhahahaha you farkings mongs!

thats the funniest sh*t ever!