What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The evolution of rock

carcharias

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
lol they were rock.

I've been talking Ratt up actually for 4 years, and they were actually bigger then the Crue Bon jovi at one stage in the US. They have a magnficant guitarist and had great talent throughout, hell even there bassist Juan Croucier has a better voice then most groups today.

And i explained why i couldn't see them, and why would I? it isn't really them?

you probably know less about the NY dolls than you do about You Am I....Which is sweet fug all.

:D

carcharias

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
A bit off topic but I recommend the next album you buy is Dream Theater's "Awake" Carcharias.
I think I have a live pink floyd cover they did...does that sound correct?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
carcharias said:
you probably know less about the NY dolls than you do about You Am I....Which is sweet fug all.

:D

I know a little about New York dolls not an extrodinary amount, what i do no was that they were extremely influential to alot of bands including Ratt and the Crue.....and i'm pretty sure Kiss were influenced by them. Wasn't there singers name David Johansen?

In saying all of that i'm pretty sure they were the biggest influence of the Ramones, and they were f**ked!

HevyDevy

Coach
That does sound correct.

They also have a live medley they did on one of their albums which incorporates Pink Floyd, Kansas, Queen, Journey, Dixie Dregs and Genesis.

HevyDevy

Coach
Well they probably have - they enjoy their covers.

Yet they still haven't toured Australia - probably because it would cost too much to transport Mike Portnoy's monstrous drumkit.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Led Zep were the first band imo to really bring thearte and a spectacle to a show, i could be wrong? however from watching some doco's and dvds on them but reckon this was the case.

The Doors were the first to bring theatre and spectacle to a show.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Kurt Angle said:
The Doors were the first to bring theatre and spectacle to a show.

I would argue the other Jimmi liked the threatircs as well,

both in the late 60s I guess, so much around the same period

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Jimi Hendrix was a flamboyant showman.

What I mean by the Doors is that both Morrison and Manzerik were from film school.

They used to bring lighting and other stage efefcts to their show.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
Well they probably have - they enjoy their covers.

Yet they still haven't toured Australia - probably because it would cost too much to transport Mike Portnoy's monstrous drumkit.

Nah if Flo Mounier and Gene Hoglan can bring theirs out thats no excuse. (mind you it probably costs more to freight Gene himself out here than it does his kit!!)

HevyDevy

Coach
Gene would be, what, a three-seat man on a Qantas flight?

I still have no idea how he gets those massive legs pumping so f**king fast.

Eelementary

Post Whore
HevyDevy said:
Are you sure that you and I aren't the same person Eelementary??

I'm even a Parra fan!

:lol: I'm sure there's a lot of music I have that you wouldn't particularly like.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
When are we going to organise this night out? bring ele up as well!

Guys should come up here, i know heaps of women!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
When are we going to organise this night out? bring ele up as well!

Guys should come up here, i know heaps of women!

What night you talking about?

I'll be round there come RL world cup time.. you live in the central coast don't you Ron ?

We can have a "Parramatta fans jam"

keeney

First Grade
What about a proper progression of Rock? Like the effect Bonham had on drumming, Maclaughlin on guitar? Figures who inspired change, innovators.