What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Expanse

Oh good. Another space opera where politics is the main theme. Just because it's set in space doesn't qualify it as science fiction.

Luckily I don't subscribe to Netflix, Amazon Prime or whatever.

Timbo

Staff member
I don’t know how they’re going to wrap this whole thing up in four more episodes. They’re still introducing whole new plot points.

I’ve seen the showrunners on social media hinting that despite this being the final season they might not be completely done. I’m hoping the last few books of the series get adapted as TV movies or something .

I also just finished reading the 9th and final book. They absolutely stick the landing with the book series.

Timbo

Staff member
Oh good. Another space opera where politics is the main theme. Just because it's set in space doesn't qualify it as science fiction.

Luckily I don't subscribe to Netflix, Amazon Prime or whatever.

What a bizarre comment. ‘I don’t like the sound of this so I’ll comment saying how clever I am for not subscribing to the service’.

You could also just say nothing and not be a drama queen.

Eelectrica

Referee
Starting the final book tonight probably. Looking forward to it.

I'll catch up on the current and final season after I'm done with the books. I still think this is the best sci fi going.

bileduct

Coach
That was a bit of an anti-climactic ending to the series, to be honest.

I assume they're gonna go the Babylon 5 route from here, with a couple of telemovies every now and then.

Timbo

Staff member
That was a bit of an anti-climactic ending to the series, to be honest.

I assume they're gonna go the Babylon 5 route from here, with a couple of telemovies every now and then.

They had their budget cut before this season, I think with what they had they did the books reasonable justice.

The cast and creators have said the right things in regards to there being a movie or two on the way. All the stuff at the beginning of the episodes with the strange dogs is there just to set up the final three book arc. I really hope it gets done.