What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Charlie124

First Grade
Glad to see Vossy join the team and at the expense of dickhead chief makes it even better.

Now all they need to do is dump Robbo, Mario, A. Johns and make M. Johns talk about footy, Fatty talks about footy when he wants to and when he's surrounded by the right people.

Ill watch.

Vossy is a good addition, I don`t even mind Matty Johns` clowning, but I can`t stand Fatty, he`s much too cynical and condescending. Just an example out of many, I know Mario is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but the way Fatty treats him is just crap.

Interesting to see how much footy talk acutually happens? If they punted the muppet M.Johns there might be a chance.

kbw

Bench
Voss tries too hard to be the new Ray Warren, his fake voice is pathetic but not as poor as his knowledge of the game.
He will bring nothing but a useless balloon head

Mr Saab

Referee
Voss tries too hard to be the new Ray Warren, his fake voice is pathetic but not as poor as his knowledge of the game.

Voss will talk football and wont dress up as some washed up french referee...or a drunk bogan piss pot....or sit there and defend and promote his "boys"
Voss calls it how it is....

Blaze

Juniors
looking forward to it. Still enjoy The Footy Show the majority of the time...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Fake voice? WTF are you on?

He's very knowledgeable about the game... moreso than most of the panel who have played before...

alexc

Yeah voss will be good. However I already felt we got too many samey opinions because the same people were on 3 different shows (thursday footy show, sunday roast, sunday footy show).

hutch

First Grade
voss is great. he has a great rugby league brain, actually cares about the well being of the game and is not tied down to any club like gould, johns etc. he would put rugby league ahead of any personal agendas!

Brutus

Referee
Voss will talk football and wont dress up as some washed up french referee...or a drunk bogan piss pot....or sit there and defend and promote his "boys"
Voss calls it how it is....

And that's what the show is in desperate need of along with someone who is truly passionate about the game without any agendas.

mozza91

Coach
At least there's no random, irrelevant Newcastle sh*t being spouted by Harrogan anymore. Allthough you can't guarantee M. Johns won't continue the Knight circle jerk on his own. (And yes he's more than capable of carrying a one man circle jerk)
Matthew Johns rabbles on about the Storm and Billy Slater more then he does all the other teams and players combined

IanG

Coach
He joined nine as he wanted to be part of the origin.
He left nine because he was given a minor role. Wasnted used the way he wanted to be, and thats in the main calling team....he was spending too much time on the sidelines.

Yeah pretty much. I just basically heard that he simply wasn't happy with how Nine were using him.

But seroiously are they trying to turn it into an NRL equivilant of the AFL Footy Show?

Big Mick

Referee
You'll also see this week,...both on NRL on Fox and the Footy Show the culmination of Jebass and Myself's work with regards to the Sonny Fai Wristbands we've been selling in order to help the family.

Both shows are giving us a run :D

nqcowboy87

Bench
hoipe they dont turn vossy into a clown with all their stupid games and skits and use him for what hes good at and that is game analys

Voss brings credibility with his knowledge of footy. Unfortunatly Vauntin and Johns will crack jokes at what he says.

With timana Tahu still in yawnion Johns wont cream his pants every week talking about him

imasharkie

Coach
I haven't watched the show for a couple of years, ever since snorky was punted, but now that Harrigan and joey are no longer, I'll probably take a peak on thursday night.
Vossy gives the show what Snorky used to give it.

Latest posts