What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
I enjoy the fact that Dell gets so worked up at the Chokers tag.

There's nothing more satisfying than watching someone reacting to an insult.

Well, there are probably a few other things....but that's right up there.

Watching NRL on Fox the other night and everytime the Dragons are mentioned Wendall starts squirming around and can't wait to get his chance to speak. Gary Freeman seems to get under his skin quite a bit.

Coaster

Bench
Not to mention, Dell did a free plug for Audi, as he does on NRL Fox.
Considering the show is sponsored by Holden who pour in thousands, i would be mightily plssed off.

RHCP

Bench
Not much substance which I was disappointed in, but there were some quality one liners in there from what I watched.

"Working with the disadvantaged" and "How does it feel being the third best?" were gold, and I absolutely lost my sh*t when that asian bloke said "I was this close to getting a root!"

Apart from that though, I don't know what the hell there doing. What's this small talk bullsh*t at the start of the show? I honestly could not care less about what Wendell Sailors doing.

Coaster

Bench
Still trying to figure out how Nine are able to show a AFL show when they have no rights to the sport, and can be able to attract Both Grand Final coaches, Brown, Hall, the Brownlow medalist bloke, plus about 5 other high profile players and be the official AFL footyshow.

7 and 10 who paid all that money for a sport that is killing them in the northern states must be spewing that a rival station with no rights is allowed to do this.

CHUCKY

Juniors
Apparently the NRL Footy Show will be based on the AFL FS format as of next year.
going to be hard to do, as we sydneysiders arent as obsessed with nrl as our neighbours are.

you have to understand that melbournites eat,sh*t and sleep afl ...they even have a sports radio station practically dedicated to afl, SEN1116

Canard

Immortal
As a Melbourne resident, I can tell you that last nights AFL show was in no way representative of there typical show.

To say the NRL one is going to change to the AFL is humourous, they are basically clones of each other at the moment.

Obviously I find the serious parts of the AFL show very boring, as I dont really know the players, teams, tactics etc.

But they carry on about Non-AFL stuff just as much as the NRL does (or used to I havent watched for a year or so), last weeks for example was totally dedicated to Shane Crawford doing a run for charity (heck even this week spent AGES on it also).

But other than that the segments are similiar, street talk, some jokes about player x or coach x, then about 10-15
mins on the weekends games.

I read on here CONSTANTLY about how great the AFL show is, but I think its a classic case of the grass is greener or familiarity breeds contempt.

HowHigh

Coach
Footy show was pretty average.
I watched some of the AFL footy show seeing as it was the finale, always enjoy the big music/dance numbers. They sure know how to put on a show for their finale.

Apey

Staff member
Watched the first half of the AFL Footy Show and while I acknowledge it was their GF show, the difference in quality is stark. They talk footy, they have genuine wit, the production values are higher, they don't rely EVERY SINGLE week on fat jokes and sex jokes and f**king awful "comedians" for the odd laugh.

i've never watched the AFL footy show and never actually 'plan' to, I left the TV on last night though and the beginning with the music parodies was awesome. It was actually performed really well.

I turned it off after that.

nqcowboy87

Bench
Why on earth is dell on this show. Has he ever made any interesting comment or observation on League???

And he talks about the dragons like he is running the joint.

i know dell sounds like hes coaching the damm team like he says he was giving jamie soward pointers, dell was a winger and jamie soward five eighth what could dell teach soward thats remotely relevant to the position he plays. he rambles on about the dragons too much al hough all he is a sort of qausi media/pr guy for the dragons so he is just doing his job.

The thing i hate about watching Dell on TFS and NRL on Fox is that he always sounds as if he's reading off a paper. The rest of the guys sound so natural yet he just sounds so scripted..

i know it always this rapid fire stuff and he doesnt seem to slow down and just talk normally

Why on earth is dell on this show. Has he ever made any interesting comment or observation on League???

And he talks about the dragons like he is running the joint.

i know dell sounds like hes coaching the damm team like he says he was giving jamie soward pointers, dell was a winger and jamie soward five eighth what could dell teach soward thats remotely relevant to the position he plays. he rambles on about the dragons too much al hough all he is a sort of qausi media/pr guy for the dragons so he is just doing his job.

that Roosters fan/comedian did the exact same routine on Thursday Night Live on Ten last week or the week before

so what its just a week normally stand ups do virtually the same routine for a couple of months and then come up with some new stuff. ahn doas been doing the material since 1997. his first gig on the footy show he did this thing about going shopping with his wife and last year he did the same joke

gUt

Coach
As a Melbourne resident, I can tell you that last nights AFL show was in no way representative of there typical show.

To say the NRL one is going to change to the AFL is humourous, they are basically clones of each other at the moment.

Obviously I find the serious parts of the AFL show very boring, as I dont really know the players, teams, tactics etc.

But they carry on about Non-AFL stuff just as much as the NRL does (or used to I havent watched for a year or so), last weeks for example was totally dedicated to Shane Crawford doing a run for charity (heck even this week spent AGES on it also).

But other than that the segments are similiar, street talk, some jokes about player x or coach x, then about 10-15
mins on the weekends games.

I read on here CONSTANTLY about how great the AFL show is, but I think its a classic case of the grass is greener or familiarity breeds contempt.

Maybe. I've watched quite a few AFL footy shows and I've always had that impression. The hosts seem several levels above the NRL version in style, substance and wit. Sam Newman is probably the main difference.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
It was their GF show they'd obviously put a hell of a lot of work into it and watched the first 20 mins and was reasonably impressed.

In all seriousness though their shows on par with ours mosts weeks......

Also how sad is it that Farnham is doing covers now? Doesnt that bloke ever retire?

Bollocks. The NRL Footy show gets worse for the Finals. Not better.

Take yesterdays for example. What a joke. One of the worst episodes I've seen.

You can tell they went out of their way to be extra childish and make it seem 'special'. But it just came across as pre-meditated and sh*t.

Like seriously, what's with blowing everyones heads up, annoying a guest with a spider, being awkward as sh*t and forcing people to do bad Warren impressions.

And as usual that fat guy was terrible again. "Look at me, I'm fat" got old after he was first on.

The shows garbage. I only watch it for the interviews. And even those are cringe worthy when the ginger and his fat side kick interrupt and attempt humour.

The difference between the two shows is massive. The AFL show is aimed at normal, typical adults. The NRL footy show is clearly aimed at 12 year olds and females.

timka4

Bench
I will admit the blowing up heads thing is sh*t and the spider on Burgess's shoulder? Why was that there? Other than that though I usually enjoy the show and find it pretty funny.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I will admit the blowing up heads thing is sh*t and the spider on Burgess's shoulder? Why was that there? Other than that though I usually enjoy the show and find it pretty funny.

The show would be great if they got rid of Fatty(Paul) and that Darrel(sp?) guy

Get the boys from NRL on Fox to host the show (excluding Laurie) and you're set

Also get rid of the script writer and current director. They're merkins

Apey

Staff member
lol@that kid making the choking movements when Gasnier and Hornby walked past :lol:

Also, Stewart is one weird looking f**ker..