What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The fraud thread

Meth

Staff member
Who are the players that you see (or have seen) as first-grade frauds?

I'll start with an obvious one. Morgan Harper. I have never understood how and why he gets a run. He was abysmal on the weekend, albeit out of position. But he's never been anything more than barely serviceable.

All Warriors fans on here will know I have issues with Jackson Ford. Also, Marcelo Montoya! To be fair to him, he over performed for us in his first season (2021), but has returned to a standard of mediocrity over the last few seasons.

Tanah Boyd looks like he should be a good halfback, but isn't

I'm trying to decide whether I was too harsh of my initial assessment on Phoenix Crossland.

Who do you see as perennial frauds?

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
OIP.yodZJX00KxesRQHo71J9vQHaEL

This bloke must have had some Matt Elliott Goat love vids.

Bazal

Post Whore
OIP.yodZJX00KxesRQHo71J9vQHaEL

This bloke must have had some Matt Elliott Goat love vids.

Bruv there's never been another player who could play literally every position on the field like the turtle

So they've learned their lesson I suppose. No good playing 13 positions if you suck at every single one

Craigshark

First Grade
Capewell isn’t the worst player by far and sure he’s had a few good games here and there, but I find he doesn’t like to make the initial contact in defence and doesn’t really bend the line too much. In saying that, we could have done with him staying at the sharks for a couple of years after he’d left.

Canard

Immortal
Bludger is not applicable to anyone who played NRL.

But there is a full team of players who looked like stars at the Storm, signed big contracts elsewhere and turned into actual duds.

Fangs

Coach
Josh Schuster.

Not a complete bludger on potential but he has delivered a shit sandwich to Manly fans so far.

Most expensive reserve grader in the NRL? 800k was reported.

yobbo84

First Grade
I still say Richie Williams is the best Rabbitohs junior I've ever seen. Enormous waste of talent.

Munky

Coach
Is this a plodder or bludger thread?

I take bludger to mean a naturally talented player who doesn't do the dirty stuff or work hard off the ball.

Schuster being the prime example

Meth

Staff member
I take bludger to mean a naturally talented player who doesn't do the dirty stuff or work hard off the ball.

yep, you’re probably right.

maybe it’s plodder

I was thinking bludger, in terms of being somewhere they don't belong with the limited talent they have, but your definition makes more sense.

King hit

Coach
Ash Taylor for me. Never seen a player with so much hype deliver f**k all. Still has played 1 more finals games then Luke Brooks.

I remember Martin Kennedy …hyped up at the Roosters …even mentioned as a chance for a Qld prop spot .
Went to the Broncos.
Biggest powder puff prop ever .
Totally ineffective .
Was soon found out & eventually did Jail time .
lol shoulda done time for impersonating a prop.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ash Taylor for me. Never seen a player with so much hype deliver f**k all. Still has played 1 more finals games then Luke Brooks.
He was more talented than Cleary. His career sizzled out very similarly to Tim Smith.

Hard to believe players can have so much immediate success with all the talent in the world yet end up fading into oblivion.