What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Goods on Woods

unforgiven

Bench
Te'o left and I didn't blow up!!!!

Issac left!!!!

The list goes on........

Sam left us and I didn't abuse him!!!!!!

It is what it is.....

The media are making a feast out of it, Woods isn't the bad guy here, it's the weak piss board imo.
The difference is how those players treated the club, did any of those players do a "tell all" interview bagging the club when they still had 5 months to play with the club, oh and this is the club captain.

Vic Mackey

Referee
'I'm just interested in doing my best for the Tigers and putting all this behind me.'
He says while in an interview bagging the Tigers.
And doesn't Bwaiff love sticking the boot into the Tigers.

Braiff went on fox sports last year and said the tigers still owed him money. The club released a statement saying this is the first they've ever heard of it and he can contact them if he believes there is pay outstanding. The club never heard from him.

Braith hated it cause sheens signed him, was sacked before he got there, potter used him in another way and then after an injury mid way through his last year told him he would come back in reserve grade. Braith threw a hissyfit, refused and left the club about 6 weeks before the end of the season.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Talaki, Turner, Clark, tyrrell, kelly, nielsen have all been called Scumbags by r20rd this year alone. Don't even mention guys like Grevsmuhl, Mcinnes and Keary left. Tim Grant was called a scumbag for leaving as well even though he was pushed out and paid to leave to get Surgess back. Even the guy he has as his profile picture, Bryson goodwin, was subject to an attack thread started by r20rd.

Yet Tigers fans are the worst people in the world for criticising woods when he absolutely deserves it.

Apey

Staff member
The problem with having R20 on ignore is that you log back into a thread and see 8 posts in a row of people abusing him, even though you can't see the shit he has written.

It is good for a lol though.
still worth having the sock puppets on ignore though.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Given all the off field dramas between players and the former coach, I felt it was best for the club to clear out all the trouble makers. They did that with Farrah and I think Woods probably falls into that category too. I think they needed to do this last off season, not right at the start of a new season though. That instability and persistence with a coach that obviously didn't have the dressing room, was always going to go need to be finished in 2017 at some point. They may have held more of the 'big 4' had they done that too.

I know it slows the club down for a while to rebuild, but I think in the long run they are better off building a united team under Cleary. He's a solid coach and respectable person. I know the clubs been through this a lot already, but I can't see how this played out nicely with players believing they are more important than the club or the good of the team.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Given all the off field dramas between players and the former coach, I felt it was best for the club to clear out all the trouble makers. They did that with Farrah and I think Woods probably falls into that category too. I think they needed to do this last off season, not right at the start of a new season though. That instability and persistence with a coach that obviously didn't have the dressing room, was always going to go need to be finished in 2017 at some point. They may have held more of the 'big 4' had they done that too.

I know it slows the club down for a while to rebuild, but I think in the long run they are better off building a united team under Cleary. He's a solid coach and respectable person. I know the clubs been through this a lot already, but I can't see how this played out nicely with players believing they are more important than the club or the good of the team.

Agree 100%

Whilst we might have another 18 months of pain for the first time in years we have a coach with a proven record who has already shown he won't be taking shit from the players anymore.

I saw something great on twitter re this.

Tigers players 'we won't resign until we know who's running the club'

Cleary 'not you anymore'

Tigers players 'ok cya'

Ron's_Mate

Bench

It's going to work out well over the medium term, when all the entitled princesses are gone and Ivan signs players who buy into the "team first" philosophy.

super_coach

First Grade
The guy has the IQ of a house brick and has been led down the path by the NRL media who just want headlines, it doesn't matter the headlines are fact or fiction they just want a big story, and dumb Woods is giving them headlines by the truck load.

The Tigers have been getting plenty flak, but maybe they are the smart ones by letting the plodder go. Next big interview will be Tedesco, I wonder if he will have a few cheap shots at the club to.

Anyway I hope people see him as the goose he is

Rabbits20

Immortal
The difference is how those players treated the club, did any of those players do a "tell all" interview bagging the club when they still had 5 months to play with the club, oh and this is the club captain.
Well I can't blame him.

Out of all clubs what has happened at the Tigers hasn't been good and players haven't been looked after imo.

Aaron is probably disappointed with how everything has been handled at the Tigers. As he said he thought he'd be a tiger for life but I guess he didn't want to be treated like a kid and then having no communication!!!!!................

philgood

Juniors
The way the Tigers fans are abusing Woods isn't acceptable.

I have never done that to a Souths player leaving and never will.

Woods you can't blame as the Tigers board and vision has been a shambles. I've met Woods a couple of times and he's a good bloke.

A mate of mine said he was at the game last night at Leichhardt and the bickering amongst Tigers fans is divided!!!!!

Hopefully karma comes back to bite them in a fortnight.
Shut ya mouth alien you treacherous dog. Focus on souths who aren't exactly setting the world on fire

Clifferd

Coach
Woods reallllly does not help himself though

Apparently he is "2040" mad, yet as soon as the going gets tough he wants out asap. He wanted a new coach before he made a decision. We did that and still signed elsewhere

Tigers did everything for him including bringing him up through the grades, Persist with him through his knee injuries, make him club captain and he basically turns around and spits at us. There's a lot tigers fans can be unhappy about

Shaun Johnson said something the other day saying he could go to another team and win a premiership elsewhere but it just wouldn't feel the same sort of ecstasy. Now I don't know if woodsy has the same mindset but I understand where Johnson is coming from. It'd mean the world to him if he could bring home a warriors premiership rather than say an easier roosters prem

So in this case I'm certain Woods would prefer a Tigers premiership over a dogs one but he just doesn't want to do the hard work and wants to do it the quick way because he Wouldn't know what hard work was even if it slapped him in the face

Last edited:

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Woods reallllly does not help himself though

Apparently he is "2040" mad, yet as soon as the going gets tough he wants out asap. He wanted a new coach before he made a decision. We did that and still signed elsewhere

Tigers did everything for him including bringing him up through the grades, Persist with him through his knee injuries, make him club captain and he basically turns around and spits at us. There's a lot tigers fans can be unhappy about

Shaun Johnson said something the other day saying he could go to another team and win a premiership elsewhere but it just wouldn't feel the same sort of ecstasy. Now I don't know if woodsy has the same mindset but I understand where Johnson is coming from. It'd mean the world to him if he could bring home a warriors premiership rather than say an easier roosters prem

shaun johnson hasn't been accused of driving out the last coach.

good on woodsy for explaining his side of the story. like farah if he stayed he'd be putting up with the perpetual rinse repeat like the next guy and the guy after

Clifferd

Coach
Mate woodsy bad mouthed the club at every single chance he got. That stupid piece he did on fox he seemed genuinely disgruntled on the change of events but if he had true character he would've stayed.

What do you think Gallen went through with the Sharks? Or even Thurston with the cows. Plenty of lean years there

AJB1102

First Grade
Whether they're good players or not, when a new coach takes over a club with a shit culture and attitude he HAS to makes big changes.

Cleary is actually on the front foot here compared to at Penrith. At Penrith he had to move on good players (club legends even in Lewis) and cop some of their wage on the cap plus the flak from sacking club/fan favourites, this time the hard work was done for him almost with the problems bowing out themselves.

If he is given what he needs and the clueless "leaders" stay the f**k out of his way then Tigpies will absolutely have brighter days ahead.