What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Gruen Transfer hates Rugby League

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I thought it wasn't as heavy on league as I expected, but considering Anderson is a Victorian and Russel is a board member of Melbourne what did you expect? Unfortunately due to media spin and scandals being swept under the rug, the AFL is seen as more family friendly so advertisers are more likely to use them

The NRL finals ad is pretty shit though.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
Observations from Gruen Planet last night:

Very pro AFL, mentioned low crowds in NRL etc.

Questioned whether good finals series ad would have helped NRL crowds.

One of the panel pointed out that due to off field drams this year it would not have mattered how good the NRL ads were for the finals.

They made no mention of Essendon and were gushing about the AFL ad with Tim Rogers in it (from You Am I).

The thing that riled me more than ever was one of the panelists suggesting that the AFL code appeals more generally to a more broader sophisticated type of market, hence the bigger crowds.

Very biased view across the panel – All AFL fans I guess, and one is a director of an AFL club.

Nuffy

Bench
Why would you watch such rubbish.

Its on the ABC FFS, the sheltered workshop of TV.

If those toss pots don't like the NRL then we are on the right track.

some11

Referee
They should get Gary "God" Sr to do an ad about the dangers of going on benders with 19 year old girls and watching them overdose on amphetamines, ecstasy & heroin.

That would be good.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Will Anderson is a fckwit

He bags RL every chance he gets, then goes on the triplem grill team every week and acts like he is the biggest fan in the world

Not surprising, this is the bloke who bagged Shannon Noll relentlessly for years, it was then found out that his gf had a massive thing for Noll. Noll challenged him to a celebrity boxing match for charity and he declined.

Typical afl fan right there

steggz

Juniors
I thought they had a fair point re: the finals ads themselves. The AFL one hit the mark better. The NRL one didn't engage me

DeeJ

Bench
Why is the ABC so anti rugby league on tv when they actually show live games of QLD cup and Wayne Bennett regards their rugby league journalists the better guys of the bunch?

Yet like on Gruen or that other shit show with the 4 old twats discussing sports they always bag it out?

Additionally why Will Anderson still gets work is beyond me. He has never been funny.

ucantseeme

Juniors
The show is produced by Andrew Denton's company. He is a massive Souths fan last time I checked. As boss he should have input in a NRL related segment. Maybe he doesn't want to upset the "talent"?

Brutus

Referee
Spiderbait are f**king shit and You Am I were try-hard retro-wannabee blow holes with super skinny heads.

Alex28

Coach
It was a pretty fair assessment on how shit a job the NRL markets the game and leverages the sponsorships within the game.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
It kind of shows the difference in the sports in a nutshell..

I'm pretty sure the Gruen Planet show is filmed at the Ultimo studios....

Will and Russel both are Melbournites that live in Sydney now...

When bagging RL about 3.2Km where RL started in Australia, the crowd just all laugh along...

The crowd are all Sydney People... btw

Imagine this in reverse at the melbourne studios,,,

half the crowd would leave...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
f**k this show. Absolute left wing tripe hosted by a tryhard left wing wannabe f**kstain. The fop haired merkin who wears those tryhard t shirts is a c**k gobbler too. Agenda driven rubbish watched by stooges.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
What's everyone's opinion about advertising in the afl & nrl, I think they had a point about how piss weak the Nrl's ad is compared to the afl one.

Also the advertising angle that companies use the afl finals to push product whereas no one uses the nrl is fact.

Latest posts