What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Inaugural TFR Forum Sevens Awards Presentation

Alan Shore

First Grade
As Cronulla captain, on behalf of the Sharks I would firstly like to congratulate the Premiers, Eastern Suburbs. I would also like to congratulate Newtown, for being a great team all season and doing so well in the finals.

To the administrators, fellow management committee members, referees and LU operators, thankyou. You have our gratitude in resuscitating this competition, giving us a place to play. In fact, every person who has dedicated some of their time to the Forum Sevens this year is desrving of praise. The people make the game and without them, there is no fun.

And finally, the award winners. Well done on achieving the highest honours in the F7s club competition. All of you deserve the accolades you've just earned. A few of you were underrated at the start of the year, some even unknown, but you've sure as hell made a bloody good name for yourself. Seano, you've been an excellent captain and led your Bunnies well, from the turmoil with Ainsworth last year. Big Mick, yet another great leader in our game. terracesider, Mystique, and even parraMatt and DF, well done.

Once again - let me reiterate our thanks for a wonderful season in 2003.

BRING ON '04!

terracesider

Juniors
Sorry it's a late appearance but these days I sleep nights. :cry:

Unaccustomed as I am..[blah, blah, blah].... I'd like to thank everybody concerned for the awards.

Congratulations to everybody concerned,with a special mention for Seano's well deserved recognition.

But I think many will agree that the biggest achievement of the year has been from Willow and all the people who kept the competition going when it looked to be terminally wounded. It shows what belief in an idea and determination can do.

The real winner of this occaasion is the Forum 7s itself, which has survived with a realistic prospect of even greater things in 2004.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Geez, sounds like I missed a fantastic night!! Congratulations to all the award winners and a big thumbs-up to Willow and the crew for keeping this competition going against some fairly significant odds!
eusa_clap.gif

The Engineers Room

First Grade
*walks into the hall and realises that he is late again...

atleast this time not in his underwear

I want the podium for a minute. I want to say thankyou to a few individuals:

Paul Dunn/Dunny/Tappy/Northwest Rabbit - For inventing the whole concept and fostering its early years.
MattO - Yes MattO, for kicking us of the first site. Because without that we wouldn't have found our way here and found out which of us were committed to this comp and to sticking it out together.
Willow and the other admins - For having this great site made available and Willow particularly for putting up with the shit people have given him with a smile
djbigk - My work friend that convinced me that our Cronulla days were over and we needed to start a Parramatta team (hope you can see us next year mate)
zef - For the kind words, which seems so strange after we used to slang hell at each other at rleague.
and finally last but definately not least Vaealiks_girl - She may not be the best poster in this comp, but she is one of the most honourable, loyal and persistent. From the outset of the Parramatta problems she followed me across two site changes and into a bastardised version of Parramatta. There were games when the only posters were her and I. She always gave her all and I believe that she embodies what it is all about, give it your best and never give up. She was approached by other clubs and when it looked like Parramatta would be strong in 2004 she posts a message that she would stand aside to make way for a better team. No matter what happens I will always stand up and be counted for Parramatta alongside you Jess

Now I've said my bit time to prepare for next year.

Collateral

Coach
Well I missed the awards aswell....was there actually anyone at the Souths table? :lol:

I missed the Grand Final aswell thanks to my computer going to "a better place"...the junkyard.

Congrats to Easts on the win and Congrats to all award winners, especially those mighty Souths players that won awards ;-) [/u]

G

gorilla

*enters wearing scratched ice-hockey mask and John Howard’s underpants*
“Is this the Halloween party?”
“Where is everyone ?….”

Naah, much as I love the oblique approach (ask the missus…), I can’t be so disingenuous as to *ooh ‘ave I missed it ?* I couldn’t come on at the time although I dropped in early but missed the start. I’ve been extra busy screwing the general population of NSW and couldn’t log-on

Congratulations to the Roosters, worthy winners and a great bunch.

Every team has played with great spirit and keen sports-ship. Best wishes for you all in 1994 ( aww bugger - 2004). :lol:

Oi’ve copped a load of awards and I want to thank the refs, (because none of you bums ;-) voted for the me in the popular prizes…..) and that’s because all of the popular winners are exactly that – popular posters and communicators.

My success this season (and eventually when the awards are listed in my siggie, you shall gaze upon the extent properly…. :twisted: ) is due to a choice to play to the colloquial, because I couldn’t compete with many of you who were smarter and more erudite about the facts. I had to play fast and loose because I had very little time (most of my posts were drummed up during a quick lunch-hour on the day or just befoie) and everyone else was better at the thoughtful, contemplative and exact posts that made up so many of the best posts in the season. In other words I tailored my posts to fit a niche, because others were better than me. Luckily I hit a mother vein through this season.

The sevens has been a community of posters with a desire to let loose every fortnight with their thoughts and dreams and histories about the events and the culture of rugby league. I have been a part of that community – an occasional poster due to time and family demands, but an appreciative member (God, there’s that tackle reference again…).

The greatest pleasure was in competition with the best of the League Unlimited 7’s.

I appreciate the effort and the involvement of the players and the teams, especially the captains. I can’t name everyone so I won’t name anyone.
Thanks to the Bags what a bunch of bananas (turned up in life’s shopping trolley of course) and special thanks to the sponsors and moderators of both League Unlimited and the 7s site.

Good luck to everyone next season. We all know what we are up against, have to guess what’s coming and can only dream of what is possible until then. =D>

Love to all (aww, lets get real – hope youse go awlrite)

Magilla