What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The infamous... Michael Witt

-Dr.J-

Juniors
Okay guys, I know he's always a name that causes a lot of mud slinging but..

Can anyone tell me a bit about him without just putting the boot in? If you think he's crap, what are the weaknesses in his game? (Something more articulate than "all of it" would be informative) :D What does he do well? Does he have anyone here that thinks he's even, okay? :D

I've heard many different reports but I'm keen to give you guys one focal place to post about him. Wanna scope out all our new recruits for next season, 6 is a wierd little slot to fill for every team and ours is no different.

So, Manly fans.. Tell me! I'd be very appreciative :) Thanks

Briza

Juniors
things he does well.

kick goals

pass the ball to the linesman

kick the ball to the 3rd row of the grandstand whilest trying to find touch on the 5th tackle

impression of a speed bump

Seriously though, he did show some amasing talent early on but mostly looks like a chicken without a head.

Too hot and cold for a kid of his experience.

t-ba

Post Whore
kick the ball to the 3rd row of the grandstand whilest trying to find touch on the 5th tackle

He has nothing on Jye Mullane for that particular skill though. I Imagine Jye is a raging success with Southern Districts RU...

Witt Drops off of tackles and has very little creativity in attack.

He can be a solid runner of the ball in support play though.

JRo is the superior option at 5/8 for you guys next year.

MKEB...

Staff member
Mayor_Quimby said:
he's good at dummying to the outside and stepping back into the defence

We already have one of those...dammit. But I guess it doesnt hurt to have two
:roll:

mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
We already have one of those...dammit. But I guess it doesnt hurt to have two
:roll:

Just don't expect too much. Then you won't be dissapointed with him. ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Witty will be a star at the Warriors. He has the potential to be the X-Factor to insipre the Warriors to their first NRL Premiership.

lockyno1 said:
What Scuba? I recon Witty could be a darkhorse to the Dally M Medal next year!

HAHAHAHHAHAHA, pleeeeease :roll: If Witty plays more then 16 games in FG next year I think he can consider himself to have had a good season. Dally M LMAO! :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
-Dr.J- said:
Okay guys, I know he's always a name that causes a lot of mud slinging but..

Can anyone tell me a bit about him without just putting the boot in? If you think he's crap, what are the weaknesses in his game? (Something more articulate than "all of it" would be informative) :D What does he do well? Does he have anyone here that thinks he's even, okay? :D

I've heard many different reports but I'm keen to give you guys one focal place to post about him. Wanna scope out all our new recruits for next season, 6 is a wierd little slot to fill for every team and ours is no different.

So, Manly fans.. Tell me! I'd be very appreciative :) Thanks

Witty is one of the best goalkickers in the game for starters, plus he has very sharp skills in attack, with two parts instinct and one part nous. Defensively he's very sound, despite what some negative posters have to say.

All up, Witty is the buy of the season for 2007.

Briza

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
I don't think it is that far out of the question. He's a good player!

Locky you're talking to people who know, now go away and stop being a moron.

Briza

Juniors
wittyfan said:
Witty is one of the best goalkickers in the game for starters, plus he has very sharp skills in attack, with two parts instinct and one part nous. Defensively he's very sound, despite what some negative posters have to say.

I knew it would'nt take long for the stalker to appear.

willvillain

Juniors
wittyfan said:

Sharp skills in attack? Turn it up. His 5th tackle options in the regular season are worse than Orford's in a big match.

I think his defensive deficiencies are a touch overrated. He was dominated against Saints last year, but generally his defence isn't his biggest weakness. He just can't control/lead an attack.

Quality goal-kicker though. With the cash he was apparently on at manly, I'm glad to see him gone to be honest.

parra pete

Referee
Mick Witt must be a GOOD player. After all it was Peter Peters who THANKED Parramatta for releasing him to the Eagles. :lol: :lol: :lol: