What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The inside word heard on Talkin' Sport (2SM)

zulu

Juniors
Two interesting rumours were just floated on 2SM's afternoon Talkin' Sport program.

The first: Support for the 16th team has swung in favour of John Singleton's money and away from the Gold Coast bid. This has just happened in the last few days.

The second is: Braith Anasta is keen to come back to Souths. (From the mouth of former Bulldog Graeme Hughes).

I'd be happy if the second rumour came true, but dirty about the first one.

Le Rouge

Juniors
:D

I'm happy about the first one :clap:

Couldn't give a shit about the second one, because of the first one.

DJ1

Juniors
Hasn't anyone been wondering why all of a sudden the Central Coast is being given multiple opportunities to produce a crowd whilst the Gold Coast isn't getting any?

Godz Illa

Coach
I think a return to Souths would help Braith in terms of PR - he seems (for whatever reason) to be widely disliked. If he went back to help out the struggling Rabbitohs, the club which developed him, that might change. However, I doubt it would be a wise decision in football terms.
He played for the Maroubra Lions as a kid, my old club, I have met him many times and he is a top bloke. I'd love to see him back at Souths.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'll be absolutely filthy if the GC don't get a team and the CC do.

Both bloody places need one, but i'm afraid queensland rugby league has to be looked after here.

Red Bear

Referee
Im happy with both, thats IF Barait Anasta can play some decent footy at the Rabbits if he went to them.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I'm happy with the first one but the second one.. well i heard a week ago that Anasta was eyeing off a start with the Waratahs in Union, i'd rather him do that.

ibeme

First Grade
No offense to Rabbitohs supporters, but why would any top line player be keen to go there with the current dramas unfolding? You'd have sit back and wait to see if things look like improving first.

JK

Come to Souths - the club with more coaches than you can poke a stick at!

Le Rouge

Juniors
There's a positive out of playing at Souths.........You only get to do half of what the length of time your contract states, and you get paid for the full amount.

Godz Illa

Coach
ibeme said:
No offense to Rabbitohs supporters, but why would any top line player be keen to go there with the current dramas unfolding? You'd have sit back and wait to see if things look like improving first.
No offence to Bulldogs supporters, but Braith's current club wrote the book on off-field troubles.

Special K

Coach
Why the hell would anyone want to join Souths?

Talk of Fletch leaving at the end of the year, new coach, struggling team.. Why would he give up the dogs for that? :?

ibeme

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
ibeme said:
No offence to Bulldogs supporters, but Braith's current club wrote the book on off-field troubles.

Fair point, but as you said, those troubles are off-field, and there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It hasn't affected the on-field quality, nor has it effected representative honours. Careers are going in reverse at Souths, rather than forward. Just ask Brian Fletcher.

I'd put this rumour in the same category as all other rumours involving player movements - to up their price tag

Godz Illa

Coach
ibeme said:
Careers are going in reverse at Souths, rather than forward. Just ask Brian Fletcher.
Actually, I think Fletcher has benefited from his time at Souths. Not just from the leadership role, but from being the key playmaker - the go-to guy on the field. Doubtless that role would not have fallen to him at the Roosters. He represented NSW last year, City this year.
I think ultimately it comes down to the player. Mark Minichiello, the MacDougall brothers, Ashley Harrison and others have looked at Souths as an opportunity to further their careers, rather than tread water and take the dollars.

Godz Illa

Coach
Tony Peters, Channel 10's inimitable League reporter, just announced that Souths had snared Penrith's CEO Shane Richardson. Best recruit in years for Souths, if it is indeed true, of course - not that I'd ever doubt Tony Peters.

Seano

Juniors
Im really hoping that sanity is beginning to prevail at Souths. First langmack goorne now leaky tapp goorne as well - and being replaced with someone awesome.

Top stuff Souths.

Im not expecting immediate results, but I think we are turning...

t-ba

Post Whore
Hmm...Can we expect some Games at NSO in 2006? I love that Oval!

The GC needs a license though. The NRL should give all 3 bids a license and start angling for Potential investors for a new club in 10-15 years time in Brisbane and Perth.

ibeme

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
Tony Peters, Channel 10's inimitable League reporter, just announced that Souths had snared Penrith's CEO Shane Richardson. Best recruit in years for Souths, if it is indeed true, of course - not that I'd ever doubt Tony Peters.

I take everything I said back. Channel 9 confirmed this, and with Chris Anderson looking good as the new coach for next year, Souths appeal for players has just had a turbo boost.

macavity

Referee
t-ba the hutt said:
The NRL should give all 3 bids a license and start angling for Potential investors for a new club in 10-15 years time in Brisbane and Perth.

yes yes yes!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: