What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The inside word heard on Talkin' Sport (2SM)

Munky

Coach
With Shane Richardson now at Souths, the Anasta thing could happen.

I just hope he doesn't take Whatuira, Prichard and Amos with him.

zulu

Juniors
Apparently Richardson and Chris Anderson don't see eye-to-eye, so that rules out Ando.

Warren Smith posed the possibilty of Daniel Anderson taking over and I've also heard that John Lang's assistant Peter Mullholand may be a shot, especially with Richo there.

Biglance

Bench
John Gibbs also brought that rumour up that a release is on the cards and maybe midway through the year it seemed

DJ1,
Hasn't anyone been wondering why all of a sudden the Central Coast is being given multiple opportunities to produce a crowd whilst the Gold Coast isn't getting any?

That is because clubs are moving games there because it is cheaper to run and there is more chance to make money. Has nothing to do with the NRL and the 16th team at all.

eels_fan

First Grade
Why would souths want anasta anyway?? He is without doubt one of the most over-rated players in the comp, who produces one brilliant game a year, along with 25 sub par performances. I dont like the bulldogs, but a admit they have a good forward pack, so if Anasta cant go well there, how is he going to go behind a pack of no-names at souths?? What a joke. Good to see some changes out that way though, looking positive...

wogdog

Juniors
zulu said:
The second is: Braith Anasta is keen to come back to Souths. (From the mouth of former Bulldog Graeme Hughes).

I'd be happy if the second rumour came true, but dirty about the first one.

yeah sounds just about write thats why he just signed another year with the dogs 2 weeks ago

Grantwhy

Juniors
wogdog said:
zulu said:
The second is: Braith Anasta is keen to come back to Souths. (From the mouth of former Bulldog Graeme Hughes).

I'd be happy if the second rumour came true, but dirty about the first one.

yeah sounds just about write thats why he just signed another year with the dogs 2 weeks ago

while it is extreemely unlikely, if all the parties to a contract agree there is nothing stopping them from just tearing it up.

So, *IF* in the future the Bulldogs don't feel they need Anasta and they could use that salary cap monies elsewhere *AND* Anasta is happy with that (and had - with the permission of the doggies ;-) - already lined up a new club) I don't think there would be anything stopping them from agreeing to tear up the contract.

:?:

Paullyboy

Coach
DJ1 said:
Hasn't anyone been wondering why all of a sudden the Central Coast is being given multiple opportunities to produce a crowd whilst the Gold Coast isn't getting any?

Possibly because the stadium isnt available on the Coast at the moment ;-)

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Le Rouge said:
There's a positive out of playing at Souths.........You only get to do half of what the length of time your contract states, and you get paid for the full amount.

:clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

super_coach

First Grade
Anasta--would be a graet buy for the bunnies-Up to now has struggled to put big games in week in week out.But at souths he would become the general and i think that would help his game-he has all the skills-so give hime the captains roll,and i think he would mature as a player--as for the coach-I would go after cartwright-I think they need a young one and not a recyled one

nqboy

First Grade
Cartwright might be keen to get into FG coaching but I think he's too smart to jump inot souths without waiting to see if things improve in the back office first. This was the mistake that Langmack made, wanted to coach FG and didn't mind where he got a start.

Sure, Richo should make a big difference, but Cartwright would do well to wait and see if he is allowed carte blanche like they have promised or whether he get's reined in by different factions of the admin.

rugged

Juniors
Souths would be a graveyard for anyone wanting a representative cap, I would think.

zulu said:
Apparently Richardson and Chris Anderson don't see eye-to-eye, so that rules out Ando.

Warren Smith posed the possibilty of Daniel Anderson taking over and I've also heard that John Lang's assistant Peter Mullholand may be a shot, especially with Richo there.

I have heard Daniel Anderson with Ivan Cleary and Arthur Kitinas as his assistants.

Choppies

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
I'll be absolutely filthy if the GC don't get a team and the CC do.

Both bloody places need one, but i'm afraid queensland rugby league has to be looked after here.

I dont know if this has been said before
but I would wait a couple more years then admit both the Gold and Central coasts