What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

jim_57

Staff member
What happens to the wcc if they win the gf

I’d say it either gets shit-canned or they try and get it in Australia 2 weeks before Vegas.

Could be a chance to try it week before Vegas elsewhere in the US or Canada.

taste2taste

Juniors
Here's the text of that article -
Good article, thanks for posting.

Some great numbers there but in regards to the 61k TV audience you can spin it 3 ways of Sunday but the reality is the NRL will need games shown weekly with 500k viewer's to be able to get a US TV deal of any significance.

The Great Dane

First Grade
An NRLW match in Vegas almost certainly wouldn't be commercially viable at the moment. It'd significantly increase costs and it's highly unlikely that it'd make a return large enough to be worth the risk.

I also think it's highly unlikely that Fox Sports 1 would be willing to dedicate such a large block to a niche sport, and, rightly or wrongly, I imagine that they'd be particularly wary about broadcasting the women's version of a tiny niche sport.

The NRL just needs to relax and build on this year, not get excited and risk overextending themselves. They should try to avoid expanding the program or adding events until they have undeniable local demand for more content, which will take time, if it happens at all.

Wb1234

Referee
An NRLW match in Vegas almost certainly wouldn't be commercially viable at the moment. It'd significantly increase costs and it's highly unlikely that it'd make a return large enough to be worth the risk.

I also think it's highly unlikely that Fox Sports 1 would be willing to dedicate such a large block to a niche sport, and, rightly or wrongly, I imagine that they'd be particularly wary about broadcasting the women's version of a tiny niche sport.

The NRL just needs to relax and build on this year, not get excited and risk overextending themselves. They should try to avoid expanding the program or adding events until they have undeniable local demand for more content, which will take time, if it happens at all.
Maybe they are trying to capture more of the female market and present themselves as a modern inclusive sport

is lingerie football league vs nrlw

RedVee

First Grade
I assume the bluster about the game being showed weekly on FS1 this season, died in the arse?
My mate in Kentucky is still getting matches though not on the Easter weekend for some reason.
He got Penrith - Broncos & Dragons - Cowboys this weekend though… I guess to compensate for no game next weekend???

According to news reports on the radio this morning, the ARLC is meeting on Wednesday where they will be considering which teams will be playing in Vegas in 2025.

kdalymc

Bench
Theyre considering a few teams including dolphins and warriors.
Yeah let's confuse the Americans even more by sending a team from "The" or "new zealand"... ffs
As if the name of our sport wasn't dumb enough...

docbrown

Coach
Sounds to me like the triple header is to get into that East Coast prime time slot. Wish I'd thought of it...