What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Canard

Immortal
Very likely to be an Australian who used to play for Souths playing in the Super Bowl, That is better promotion then any lame ad
Unfortunately the American commentators will no doubt say "former Australian Rugby player"

Wizardman

First Grade
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF
I thought your post was made on Friday....lol

Wizardman

First Grade
The lord Mayor of Melbourne did the same announcing the Origin.

That comes with the territory
Honestly, I would not be opposed to a name change for our sport. It is a massive hinderance for our game to be lumped together with that bore of a sport.

Wizardman

First Grade
It is a tough one, but I'll guarantee you this.....the name IS an issue in regard to recognition of what our sport looks like. I come from a non-English background. The vast majority of people I have known would think of union rather than our game when they hear the "rugby" name.

Maybe brand the NRL name heavily.....kinda like what the UFC has done with mixed martial arts.

Wizardman

First Grade
It will fix itself.

RU is dwindling into irrelevance. And when it's gone RL will fill the void.
In this country.....yes. Everywhere else on the planet, no.....and that is a major problem with promoting our game elsewhere.

Fangs

Coach
If you say so boys.

It's a uniquely boring sport and the rest of the world will figure it out eventually.

Wb1234

Referee
In this country.....yes. Everywhere else on the planet, no.....and that is a major problem with promoting our game elsewhere.
Nrl dwarfs any other rugby club competition and is growing rapidly

the first goal will be domination of the South Pacific before they worry about being big globally

You’ve got English club union which is a basketcase. France is semi decent but it’s tv deal is less than one third ours it’s tiny

Iamback

Coach
Honestly, I would not be opposed to a name change for our sport. It is a massive hinderance for our game to be lumped together with that bore of a sport.

That should be on the list.

For NRL expansion. Can just refer to it as NRL, Doesn't solve trying to expand the International game