What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

T-Boon

Coach
Americans will be repulsed by all the ads on the jerseys. Hopefully they will see it as a cautionary tale about the dismal tide once you let ads on jerseys to begin with.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Why not nz 2 pm

warriors ratings in Australia are irrelevant
2pm is much better and getting into an acceptable timeslot range.

I agree warriors ratings in Aus are largely irrelevant but I wish some of the fans on here would stop using the “Warriors don’t rate” excuse as a reason to denigrate the value of NZ sides. The reason warriors viewer numbers are low isn’t due to lack of interest generally as much as timeslots that otherwise work better for them than other sides. They’re generally a pretty good draw for away crowd support and a juggernaut for merch sales.

MugaB

Coach
Americans will be repulsed by all the ads on the jerseys. Hopefully they will see it as a cautionary tale about the dismal tide once you let ads on jerseys to begin with.
Next season, we can always limit the jersey to only the major sponsor, just for the next vegas match, theres games that the clubs withdraw sponsors, warriors with betting companies comes to mind

MugaB

Coach
2pm is much better and getting into an acceptable timeslot range.

I agree warriors ratings in Aus are largely irrelevant but I wish some of the fans on here would stop using the “Warriors don’t rate” excuse as a reason to denigrate the value of NZ sides. The reason warriors viewer numbers are low isn’t due to lack of interest generally as much as timeslots that otherwise work better for them than other sides. They’re generally a pretty good draw for away crowd support and a juggernaut for merch sales.
Well they are now, that they've returned to their heritage colors, the black/silver kit was boring, going back to blue/green red/white has been the best decision they've had for a while

Harry O

Juniors
A American mentioning on S/M that the NRL is million times Better spectacle than the NFL is Something I've never heard of. But who can blame him? When One is dire, while RL just kicks ass🥰

Titanic

First Grade
Who knows the impression that the promo's have on the US market but they certainly make good viewing. The Crowe video, and the Rock/Malaita and Colin Scotts' interviews are all mint.

MugaB

Coach
Who knows the impression that the promo's have on the US market but they certainly make good viewing. The Crowe video, and the Rock/Malaita and Colin Scotts' interviews are all mint.
The rock seemed a bit clueless, even though he has in the past spoorted samoa, and seen RL on the internet and in interviews before this either this was a stunt co ordinated by his manager or he has a goldfish memory and sees this a beneath his efforts

Vlad59

Juniors
The rock seemed a bit clueless, even though he has in the past spoorted samoa, and seen RL on the internet and in interviews before this either this was a stunt co ordinated by his manager or he has a goldfish memory and sees this a beneath his efforts
CTE? Lol

final say

Juniors
I got a really bad vibe from the whole thing. Kinda like he was put on the spot to do some promo and couldn't wait to find the exit on the interaction.
Probably wasn't in the mood.

Harry O

Juniors
Amazing that people have to fork out 70k to watch the superbowl, I wouldn't pay $70 let alone 70k to watch this stop start clowns game

final say

Juniors
Amazing that people have to fork out 70k to watch the superbowl, I wouldn't pay $70 let alone 70k to watch this stop start clowns game
It's obviously different if you're brought up on it.. don't be a hater, it's just a different thing- completely different, so don't judge it from a Rugby league perspective, it will never live up to that.
Watch the SB on Monday with this perspective: they have 1 job.. say a wide receiver right, he doesn't need stamina, strength, power , doesn't need to learn how to pass or tackle.. So what are you left with? Literally the fastest and most agile man possible! Out of 340 million people he'll be in the fastest they can find and he'll only train to do that- PURE EXPLOSIVE SPEED, a Ferrari with just enough gas for the quarter mile! His defenders the same! 2 Ferrari's doing battle!
Take that concept across the park for 1 play. .. now coordinate all those guys together to create a military like operation to gain territory- the defence has to shut it down...

It's a completely different thing!
I wouldn't pay what they do of course but those seats are bought by people who consider it pocket change.

I much prefer Rugby League but I don't mind watching the Ferrari's.