What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes Cricket

Have sunk many many hours into this game recently. Career mode is quite addictive.

One question I have though for other players is - Are you any of you playing with any other international countries besides England and Australia?

Is there anyway to get around the licensing issues and have it so that you are coming up against the actual players (at least in name)
Community
Best teams
Enjoy

The Star Wars thing will not be the death of EA. It is but a minor set back.

Anyway, I'm keen to try this cricket game out. Should I get it?

Loved DBC 14 (played over 200 hours) but didnt get 17 due to the poor reviews.
The bowling in DB 17 was great but the batting was unreasonable
They used the DB14 batting with the DB17 bowling

The game lacks polish notably the fielders are strange but it's by far the best cricket game probably ever, not that there's much competition

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bought the game from JB Hi-fi yesterday - spent 3 hours copying the file onto my PS4.

Woke up this morning to play - it's still copying the files.

Took it back and exchanged the game - still installing.

It's f**king bullshit that you buy an actual disc, and can't play it until it copies onto your hard drive.

I want to play, damn it!

nöyd

Staff member
Bought the game from JB Hi-fi yesterday - spent 3 hours copying the file onto my PS4.

It's f**king bullshit that you buy an actual disc, and can't play it until it copies onto your hard drive.

I want to play, damn it!

???

Ummmm I bought it, put it in my PS4, it downloaded updates and installed them within 15-20 minutes, and then I played the game. Why do you need to copy it to the PS4?

Parra Pride

Coach

I want to play, damn it!

Games needing to install is just standard procedure these days, hardly anything to get upset over. If it had any big updates and you have a slow connection that would be whynut was taking so long.

Eelementary

Post Whore
???

Ummmm I bought it, put it in my PS4, it downloaded updates and installed them within 15-20 minutes, and then I played the game. Why do you need to copy it to the PS4?

I have no idea.

My PS 4 has never done that with any other game before.

I finally managed to get it to play this morning.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Games needing to install is just standard procedure these days, hardly anything to get upset over. If it had any big updates and you have a slow connection that would be whynut was taking so long.

Yeah, but it said it would take 20 minutes, and several hours later, it still hadn't finished.

Plus no other game that I've bought has done the installation.

It's a bit annoying that I buy a physical copy of a game, and have to wait hours to play it.

Anyway - it's done now, thank God.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So you took it back then kept installing it and played it?

What the actual f**k?

I took it back to get a replacement copy; the game would not tick over a certain point in its installation process.

I exchanged it for a different copy, installed it, and managed to play it.

So far, it plays like DBC17 to me.

Tbh mate, I'm struggling a bit.

Timing shots perfectly, but not putting them away much.

Also, I tell my batsman to lay a back foot shot, and he plays a front door shot.

I prefer the batting in DBC14.
Yeah it's a little strange sometimes,i leave a f**kload of balls that i try to cut

On career mode you start out pretty shit,but still leagues ahead of DB17

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah it's a little strange sometimes,i leave a f**kload of balls that i try to cut

On career mode you start out pretty shit,but still leagues ahead of DB17

I think you're right - I need to get comfortable leaving more balls, and working on punishing the bad balls.

I agree - the game is streets ahead of DBC17.

I think you're right - I need to get comfortable leaving more balls, and working on punishing the bad balls.

I agree - the game is streets ahead of DBC17.
No,what i mean is i cannot get the merkin to play a cut shot through point,every time i try and occasionally when i try to hook/pull a short ball the merkin just shoulders arms,its really f**king annoying and i think the computer has learnt that i cannot play a short ball properly because every hurricanes game the quicks barrage me with short shit outside off

Eelementary

Post Whore
No,what i mean is i cannot get the merkin to play a cut shot through point,every time i try and occasionally when i try to hook/pull a short ball the merkin just shoulders arms,its really f**king annoying and i think the computer has learnt that i cannot play a short ball properly because every hurricanes game the quicks barrage me with short shit outside off

I'm not able to perform a cover drive - I time the shot well, select the front foot - and the batsman tries to play a leg glance...

Latest posts