What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Marauders Dungeon NRLCEO League Round 11

Johns Magic

Referee
Round 10 Wrapup

Rhinos XIII 67 - 59 Maniac Marauders

The matchup at Dairy Farmers Stadium had a lot of potential to be a high-scoring game with a lot of excitement, however in the end we saw a dour affair kept intriguing purely due to the tightness of the final scoreline.

Neither coach will be happy with their side's performance, but Coach Rhino can at least take solace in the two points that his side will be taking home.

Almost half of the Marauders' points were scored by Willie Tonga and recruit Luke Lewis, who injected himself off the bench nicely. There was little else to cheer about however, as the Rhinos got over the line thanks to a more consistent team effort, and a heroic captain's knock from stalwart Michael Luck.

Los Bastardos 89 - 87 Bondi Beasts

In the return clash following the Round 1 draw between these sides, a tight matchup was predicted with both coaches fancying their chances. This was a match that didn't fail to deliver.

The Bastardos came out firing to post what was comfortably their highest score of the year, engineered by skipper Michael Gordon and centre Joel Reddy, who turned in remarkable performances of 34 and 19 points respectively.

The Beasts tried their hardest to reel in the big lead the Bastardos had amassed, but came up painfully short despite the best efforts of Johnathon Thurston and Steve Matai's last ditch effort on Monday night.

The quality of this encounter was unfortunately soured by long-term injuries to Bastardo captain Michael Gordon and Beast centre Kane Linnett.

Bulls 123 - 51 The Dribbling Pooches RLFC

During the week this match was billed as the clash of the round, between ladder leaders the Bulls and the competition enigma, the Pooches.

Unfortunately for all concerned, only one team turned up to the party.

In the most dominant performance of the year, the Bulls racked up 123 points to demoralise the stunned Pooches, who struggled to crack the half-century mark.

For the Bulls, there were several healthy contibutors, none moreso than skipper Robbie Farah and kicker James Maloney, who accounted for the Pooches' score themselves.

The Pooches were heroically led by captain Benji Marshall, who notched up 20 points on his own, but none of his troops could muster up the same courage.

Lions RLFC 65 - 63 The Spare Bats

This was another very tight encounter, with the result not being determined until the final whistle on Monday night.

Whilst this certainly wasn't a top-of-the-ladder matchup, both coaches knew coming into it that they needed to win to keep in touch with the top 6.

In the end, what we saw was a slogfest, with a hero for either side doing their best to steal the victory.

Bats' skipper Chris Sandow turned in 26 points in his debut, answering Coach Monk's cry for a trusty kicker and halfback. However a gutsy 13 point cameo from Lions' hooker Isaac Luke was enough to get the Lions home, as Matt Ballin failed to deliver the killer blow for the Bats on Monday night.

It was not all joy for Lions' coach Big Sam however. After losing key forward Sam Burgess for the year a fortnight ago, the Lions must now deal with a season-ending injury to centre Timana Tahu, and what looks like a possible season-ender for bench hooker Paul Aiton, who had been in fine form in the last month.

These certainly won't help the Lions' dreams of climbing the ladder.

random. Suspects 64 - 35 Orange Alpacas

The Suspects did enough to get home here in what was a performance not really worth crowing about. The Suspect's forward pack did the business and were lucky enough not to need a lot of help from the backline, whose regular stars were kept quiet.

For the Alpacas, another uninspiring performance this week, and Coach Griffo seemingly has few answers. The Orange fans have had little to cheer about the last couple of years after their dream premiership in the competition's inaugural season.

Ladder After Round 10

1. Bulls 20
2. random. Suspects 16
3. Bondi Beasts 13
4. Rhinos XIII 12
5. Dribbling Pooches RLFC 12
6. Los Bastardos 11
----------------------------------
7. Lions RLFC 8
8. Maniac Marauders 4
9. The Spare Bats 4
10. Orange Alpacas 0

Round 11 Preview

With the bye rounds affecting all squads, proper analysis of the matchups this week will be difficult.

As such, the fixtures only will be posted in the Round 11 preview.

Maniac Marauders (8)vs (3) Bondi Beasts

The Dribbling Pooches RLFC (5) vs (9) The Spare Bats

Lions RLFC (7) vs (4) Rhinos XIII

Orange Alpacas (10) vs (1) Bulls

random. Suspects (2) vs (6) Los Bastardos

All lineups to be named here, good luck to all coaches.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Dexter sensationally predicted the first round draw. This round Dexter predicts a narrow three point victory to the Bastardos.

Round 10 Wrapup

Los Bastardos 89 - 87 Bondi Beasts

In the return clash following the Round 1 draw between these sides, a tight matchup was predicted with both coaches fancying their chances. This was a match that didn't fail to deliver.

The Bastardos came out firing to post what was comfortably their highest score of the year, engineered by skipper Michael Gordon and centre Joel Reddy, who turned in remarkable performances of 34 and 19 points respectively.

The Beasts tried their hardest to reel in the big lead the Bastardos had amassed, but came up painfully short despite the best efforts of Johnathon Thurston and Steve Matai's last ditch effort on Monday night.

The quality of this encounter was unfortunately soured by long-term injuries to Bastardo captain Michael Gordon and Beast centre Kane Linnett

I really am loosing my touch after predicting the first round draw between these 2 sides.

Team to take on the suspects

1. Shannon MCDONNELL
2. Wes NAIQAMA
3. Keith LULA
4. ......................
7. Robert LUI
8. Neville COSTIGAN
9. Jake FRIEND
10. Keith GALLOWAY
11. ......................
12. Simon MANNERING
13. Braith ANASTA

14. Isaac DE GOIS

Johns Magic

Referee
thumbnail.ashx
thumbnail.ashx

Bondi Beasts

Being interviewed after the game against Los Bastardos on Monday, Bondi coach Johns Magic was asked if the Beasts' season was on the rocks following two successive losses.

"Look, in terms of the ladder it's certainly dented our top 2 aspirations. There's still a long way to go in the year, but you don't want to let it get to a point where you're chasing. We did that at the start of the season, clawed our way back into it, and now a bad fortnight has us back at square one. But if you're asking if I still consider this team a genuine threat to the title, I have no doubt they are. We're taking the last fortnight in perspective here. One was a loss in the bye round, and even though we lost this week, we managed to post the third highest score of the round. There's still a lot to come from this side."

Asked if the Bastardos were the Beasts' bogey side, having come away with a draw and a loss against them this year, Magic was praising of Coach Johnsy and his squad. "I think they lift for us", Magic said, "and I think they'd be very proud of their efforts this week. It's wins like this that get you into the top 6 at the end of the year, and they're showing how much they want to be there."

Round 11 shapes as a tough one for the Beasts, with only seven squad members available to take on the Marauders. Asked if he had high expectations for the clash, Magic was not overly enthused.

"I'd like to tell you I had high expectations mate, but I'm a realist. We spoke about the representative period earlier in the year and we knew it would be tough for us, as it is for all clubs. This week is one of the tougher ones for us and I know the boys will rip in. There's always a lot of passion when we play the Marauders. I've had a quick glance at how they're faring for troops and they're down as well, but they got off a bit lighter than us. Without a kicker it will be tough, but stranger things have happened ."

John Morris makes his debut for the club this week, in a signing which Magic has labelled a real coup for the side. "With Friendy out, we desperately needed some backup at hooker. Not being able to name a 9 cost us a win last week, and we expect many more close encounters throughout the year. To pick up a hooker of John's quality at this point of the season, it's a real find for us."

Chris Heighington will captain the side this week.

Bondi Beasts Lineup For Round 10:

2. Reece Robinson
5. Justin Carney
7. Brett Seymour
8. Russell Packer
9. John Morris
12. Ben Smith
13. Chris Heighington (c)

Coach: Johns Magic

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
LIONS RLFC for Round 11

The Lions are feeling very confident going into their Round 11 clash against the Rhinos. 2 consecutive wins has Coach Big Sam eyeing a play-off place and reckons the Rhinos are ripe for the picking. This is despite being again impacted by the Representative weekend and major injuries to key players.

Timana Tahu has been ruled out for the remainder of season. His replacement is Jordan Atkins. Believing that his admission from the Blues by Ricky Stuart will fire him up, Coach Sam has named Jamal Idris as this week's captain. Isaac Luke returned to form in a major way last weekend and he will be expected to lead the team's attack.

Finally, the club wishes the best of luck to Queensland trio Darren Lockyer, Sam Thaiday, and Corey Parker on Wednesday night.

1 Beau RYAN
2 Jordan ATKINS
3 Jamal IDRIS (C)
4 Shaune CORRIGAN
5 BJ LEILUA
6 Travis BURNS
7 Daniel MORTIMER
8 Ben ROSS
9 Isaac LUKE (K)
10 Luke DOUGLAS
11 Frank-Paul NU'UAUSALA
12 N/A
13 N/A

No bench due to lack of players.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
THE MANIAC MARAUDERS

After another tough loss where the side was impacted yet again by injury, local fans and media were quite concerned about the mental and physical wellbeing of head coach Abpanther.

However as promised he fronted the media after the game and was quite upbeat and positive.

"Are we where we wanna be on the ladder? Absolutely not. But we scored 59 points against a pretty good side, and most of those points were scored by only a handful of individuals, if we can get those guys to continue to perform at that level, plus get some of our other big names to fire, we have every chance to beat the top sides."

While coach continues to maintain a very optimistic view, the local media have been much more scathing, claiming that this side lacks heart and that Abpanther has lost his touch.

"Look I can't get caught up in all that rubbish, I have a job to do and right now we are facing obstacle after obstacle, but I know we can get through it and come out the other side a much better team."

It all starts this week against last years Minor Premiers, a side that is travelling very nicely and always plays a high quality brand of football.

"I have the utmost respect for Johns Magic and that Bondi Beasts organisation, I mean while they have yet to win a championship, they have been there abouts every season and that is a testament to their club and character. I love playing against those guys because I know they will be the ultimate test for us, Johns Magic always has them fired up and ready for a big clash."

Asked if a severly depleted Beasts side could provide the Marauders with a comfortable victory, Abpanther scoffed, "Johns Magic is the master of mind games, I know he has come out in the media and said that he doesn't like their chances, but I know behind the scenes he will be firing the boys up and expecting victory, we have to be on top of our game to have any chance."

TEAM

1. Nathan Massey
2. Luke Burt (k)
3. Stuart Mills
5. Krisnan Inu
7. Luke Walsh
8. Nigel Plum
11. Luke Lewis
12. Liam Fulton
13. Elijah Taylor (c)

BENCH
14. Jayson Bukuya
15. Taniela Lasalo
16. Sam Williams

Franko

Juniors
Wow i am just short of a full squad

1. Merritt
2. Simmons
3. Best
4. Pomeroy
5. Ferguson

6. Marshall (C)(K)
7. Moltzen
13. Mateo
12. Harrison
11. Taylor
10. Fifita
9. Tongue
8. Dwyer

14. Edwards
15. Fa'aoso
16. McManus
17. Vacant

This also leaves Buttriss and Matulino to be looked at if Taylor plays Origin.

Surely that should be the artilery to boost my for and against the Spare bats.

Franko

Juniors
Wow i am just short of a full squad

1. Merritt
2. Simmons
3. Best
4. Pomeroy
5. Ferguson

6. Marshall (C)(K)
7. Moltzen
13. Mateo
12. Harrison
11. Taylor
10. Fifita
9. Tongue
8. Dwyer

14. Edwards
15. Fa'aoso
16. McManus
17. Vacant

This also leaves Buttriss and Matulino to be looked at if Taylor plays Origin.

Surely that should be the artilery to boost my for and against the Spare bats.

Cancel that i have now been able to pick up John Sutton and Ryan Morgan. Sutton moves on to the bench to make a full squad of 17 and Morgan stays on stand by.

Tom155

Coach
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Kevin Locke
3. Jacob Loko
4. Joel Thompson
6. Kris Keating
7. James Maloney (K)
8. Sam Mckendry
9. Robbie Farah (C)
10. Luke Bailey
11. Chris Houston
12. Matt Hilder
13. Lewis Brown

14. Trent Waterhouse
16. Josh Mccrone

perverse

Referee
sorry i've been slack lately guys, once i've named my 4 teams every week i just have had to move onto the next "thing" lately... time has been precious. there have been a couple of weeks there where i held off naming my team due to trade talk, only to have it fall through too. my late announcement is as follows:

2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Brad Tighe
4. Dylan Farrell
5. Sandor Earl
6. Ben Barba
7. Beau Henry (k)
8. Fuifui Moimoi
10. Dane Tilse
11. Andrew Ryan (c)
12. Aiden Tolman
13. David Stagg

14. Evarn Tuimavave
15. Joe Picker
16. Fetuli Talanoa

abpanther

Staff member
NEWS FLASH

Coach Abpanther has been rushed to hospital after collapsing at his home last night. Family and friends are most concerned about his health, while it is not known what caused the health problem, many believe that is was stress related.

The fact that his opponent is up 4-0 despite his side having twice as many players starting last night may have contributed to his mental state.

Stay tuned....

Monk

Referee
Wow, i was sure i posted my team-lineup in this thread!

f**k, Need another big game from Sandow...

Franko

Juniors
The Pooches travelling nicely this week. Hopefully Best and or Pomeroy might finish off the round nicely.

Franko

Juniors
Some very tight scores this except my game really. I thought the The Bulls might be in trouble but than i see he has Loko and Hayne tonight so should have enough fire power to get home.

Johns Magic

Referee
Beasts have shown some fight this week but it will take a minor miracle to win from behind with the Marauders' kicker to come tonight.